Author Topic: Track editing?  (Read 4958 times)

robfigee

Track editing?
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:41:12 AM »
Hi, I was recording a MIDI song and played the wrong chord. Is it possible to edit the R1 piano track to correct this mistake?
When recording with my DAW MuLab this was very easy, but I did not find instructions to make a track visible so I could change the notes.
Thanks in advance for your answer,

Rob

SeaGtGruff

Re: Track editing?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:40:19 PM »
Unfortunately, on PSR-E models there is no ability to edit a recorded track using the keyboard's Song Arranger feature, as can be done on PSR-S, Tyros, and Genos models. Instead, you must rerecord the track from beginning to end; just be sure you follow the instructions for recording a specific track so you don't accidentally erase any other tracks that you've recorded for that song.

Another alternative would be to go ahead and export the recorded song to SMF as is, mistakes and all, then load the SMF (or MID file) in a DAW or other MIDI editor on your computer so you can correct the mistake and resave the file. For instance, if you have a Windows computer and are worried about learning to use a DAW, you can also use the MixMaster program to edit a song or style file:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

robfigee

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 09:58:11 AM »
Thanks so much for your answer. I am working on a PSR s770. I will try it first in MuLab. I was only wondering if the link to Styles and Voices would not be lost when saving it on my PC, but I will find out and save as precaution under a different name.

Rob
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:00:10 AM by robfigee »

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
If you have a PSR-S770, then I think you should be able to edit it on the keyboard. You posted in the PSR-E Series subforum, and didn't mention the model in your topic header or initial post, so I wrongly assumed that you were using a PSR-E model. The fact that you called it "R1" instead of "Main" should have tipped me off.

Pino

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 03:16:24 PM »
You have a choice
Copy the midi to USB and edit in MuLab

Or, better,
Left hand chord -   Song Creator - punch in/punch out

Right hand - Channel on/off Song
Hold down the REC and press the channel you want to re-record, eg CH 1

Pino

robfigee

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 01:25:03 PM »
Thanks, Pino.
I will try this last suggestion first. I also downloaded MixMaster, but was very impressed by its complexity. I will try to learn it too, but not right now.

Regards,

Rob