Author Topic: how do i change order of posts?  (Read 4559 times)

ekurburski

how do i change order of posts?
« on: December 20, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »
At present time posts are shown in order of lat post last.   I would like to reverse that so most recent post is first.

Earl

Offline MBedesem

Re: how do i change order of posts?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 09:50:44 PM »
If you depress the Unread Posts button on a forum section, it will display in the same order.

But there is a little arrow in the date column header next to "Last Post" that will reverse the items.

Regards, Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
I think the answer you're looking for is at the end of my reply, but I thought I'd start by describing some of the options for browsing the forum's posts. :)

(1) If you are browsing the subforums, the list of topics in each subforum is shown newest to oldest, based on the last post in each topic (i.e., by last activity).

(2) If you are on the main forum's home page, where the various subforums are listed, there is a list of recent posts at the bottom of the page arranged newest to oldest. These are individual posts, so a given topic will generally be listed multiple times, once for each post made to that topic.

(3) If you click on "Show unread posts since last visit" in the upper left corner of the page, it will display a list of recent topics -- i.e., similar to the list in (2), but listing each topic once rather than listing each post separately.

(4) If you want to see the list of unread topics as in (3) but the topic you're looking for no longer falls within the range for "recent posts," you can scroll to the bottom of the list of recent unread topics and click on the "ALL UNREAD TOPICS" button.

(5) If you click on "Show new replies to your posts" in the upper left corner of the page, it will display any unread posts in topics that you have posted under.

(6) When you are reading a particular topic, the posts in that topic are normally arranged oldest to newest, but this can be reversed-- see number (10) below.

(7) If you are looking at a list of topics and you click on the topic's name, it will take you to the first post on the first page of that topic.

( 8 ) If you are looking at a list of topics and you click on the "new" indicator just beside the topic's name, it will take you to the first unread post in that topic.

(9) If you are looking at a list of topics and you click on the little icon to the far right that shows a page with a right-pointing arrow, it will take you to that particular post (which is usually the last post) in that topic.

(10) If you want to reverse the order that the posts are listed within each topic-- i.e., newest to oldest rather than oldest to newest-- point your mouse at the "Profile" link near the top of the page and select "Account Settings." Then point your mouse at the "Modify Profile" link and select "Look and Layout." This will give you a list of options, including the option to "Show most recent posts at the top." :)

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:07:20 PM »
But there is a little arrow in the date column header next to "Last Post" that will reverse the items.

Wow, I never noticed that before! Thank you for mentioning it. :)