Author Topic: GENOS PREMIUM PACKS  (Read 7524 times)

jgriffin

GENOS PREMIUM PACKS
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:57:36 PM »
i just received an email from Yamaha that states:

GENOS PREMIUM PACKS
Popular Premium Packs & Voices are available on the site for Genos now! When you're shopping, make sure to select Genos as your instrument to view packs that are compatible for your instrument. Keep scrolling to learn about free Tyros pack upgrades.

Thought some of yal might want to know about this.

Offline EileenL

Re: GENOS PREMIUM PACKS
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:24:22 PM »
Yes I have now updated most of mine and all working well.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:34 AM »
I recently posted on another thread that Easy Sounds is offering the S970 and Tyros 5 packs for the Genos as well.  You don't need a special version of the pack for the Genos because Peter does not offer the packs in copy protected versions.

http://easysounds.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop40690.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2FShop40690

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Kokoriz

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 02:25:25 AM »
I recently posted on another thread that Easy Sounds is offering the S970 and Tyros 5 packs for the Genos as well.  You don't need a special version of the pack for the Genos because Peter does not offer the packs in copy protected versions.

http://easysounds.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop40690.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2FShop40690

Joe H

Hi Joe,
Just saw that site for the first time from the link you posted. Are those sounds only or with styles as well? Either way am interested in the FM sound pack. Thanks for the link!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 05:04:15 AM »
Kokoriz,

Peter does not offer styles.  Most of the packs are new sounds.  The Magic Dance pack includes 150 Multi Pad banks. (600 Pads) Peter publicly  introduced the concept of using Multi Pads to enhance and/or modify a style by replacing style Parts with MPs.  I have been doing this for several years.  I watched Genos videos where Yamaha has taken this same concept as well. 

That's why the Genos comes with 448 Multi Pad Banks (1792 Pads).  The Genos Multi Pad banks consist of 4  complimentary (combination) Pads to make up 4 new parts of a style.  This is a carry-over from the Motif "Performances" which consist of 4 live arpeggiators (arps) playing together. The Multi Pads are nothing more than 4 stagnant prerecorded arps and drum loops. This is also true of the style Parts.

So the way I look at it is we actually have 12 style Parts rather than 8 style Parts. Plus the LEFT and Right Voices.

By The Way... If you own a copy of StyleMagic we can easily convert a Multi Pad Bank into a simple 4 Part style that can then be used in Style Creator Assembly on the keyboard.

http://www.midisoft.pl/en/

8)

Joe H
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:09:29 AM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Kokoriz

Offline metcam

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »
Turkish-EMO pac is updatet yet?

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 02:08:27 PM »
Kokoriz,

Peter does not offer styles.  Most of the packs are new sounds.  The Magic Dance pack includes 150 Multi Pad banks. (600 Pads) Peter publicly  introduced the concept of using Multi Pads to enhance and/or modify a style by replacing style Parts with MPs.  I have been doing this for several years.  I watched Genos videos where Yamaha has taken this same concept as well. 

That's why the Genos comes with 448 Multi Pad Banks (1792 Pads).  The Genos Multi Pad banks consist of 4  complimentary (combination) Pads to make up 4 new parts of a style.  This is a carry-over from the Motif "Performances" which consist of 4 live arpeggiators (arps) playing together. The Multi Pads are nothing more than 4 stagnant prerecorded arps and drum loops. This is also true of the style Parts.

So the way I look at it is we actually have 12 style Parts rather than 8 style Parts. Plus the LEFT and Right Voices.

By The Way... If you own a copy of StyleMagic we can easily convert a Multi Pad Bank into a simple 4 Part style that can then be used in Style Creator Assembly on the keyboard.

http://www.midisoft.pl/en/

8)

Joe H

Thank you Joe! Great info and am very interested in those MPs and looking at the StyleMagic program, it looks like something I would really use and looks like a great piece of software! Genos is my first Yamaha since my last PSR 9000 I think back around 2001 so still trying to learn as much. Thank you again will definitely get the multi pads. Thanks and happy holidays!

Del 123

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »

Thanks Jo for the prompt on concerning the easysounds packs. I had previously purchased the FMXpansion for my Tyros 5 and  today after contacting Peter from Easysounds, he very kindly put a new download link for me in order to transfer a converted zip file to put in my Genos.

When I downloaded the link on my computer (windows 10) the file came  through as a ppf file. For some reason my YEM (2.5 version) won’t  recognise the FM pack - I tried all the usual roots.

In the end I decided to download the extracted  ppf file (pack) onto a memory stick which I use on the top port.

On my Genos, I when to - menu 2 - expansion and loaded the in to User 1. The port underneath  left untouched.

When I loaded the FM pack to User 1 a message came up saying that I need to save my existing premium packs ( I have four others) I didn’t really understand the message but  loaded the FM pack  anyway. The pack loaded okay ....but I lost all the other packs :( ....so, I reloaded back in my existing packs from YEM but I am now back to square one! The FM pack ..thus .. was deleted :-\

Do you know what I am doing wrong? Do I need to convert the ppf file perhaps?

Regards
Darren

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »
Darren,

You load the .ppf into YEM and add it to your other several packs.  (there is a check mark for the active packs you wish to install including the FM pack.  Once you have selected all the packs that you wish to load, you must let YEM calculate the memory to see if there is enough room in the keyboard.  Once you see the total size of the multiple packs then you create an Installation File (.ppi)

Now you will have just added the FM pack to your other packs.  I name my installation file with abbreviations of the pack names so I know what the file contains.

Hope this helps.

Joe H

Del 123

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 10:04:21 AM »
Thank you Joe for your help, I managed to load the FM Xpansion pack in today with no problems. Not too sure why it didn’t go in on my first attempt but maybe after switching off and restarting the computer, this maybe refreshed everything. I understand all about ppf & ppl files now so I will be a dab hand when downloading future packs!

Just to mention that the FM voices on the Genos create an extra added dimension to the Genos and takes me right back to the 1980’s!

Merry Christmas Joe and all on this forum and a happy new year!

Darren
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:26:37 AM by Del 123 »