Author Topic: Vocal Harmony Settings  (Read 5335 times)

Mike2

Vocal Harmony Settings
« on: December 17, 2017, 07:26:32 PM »
I use the Standard Vocal Harmony. With the T-5 I was able to set pretty well. With the Genos, I'm having a little trouble. Wondering if anyone has a recommended setting to give me. I don't use it that often, but when I do, the harmony just doesn't sound right. The Mic settings are fine. Anyone with any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike..

Offline Flemming

Re: Vocal Harmony Settings
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:20:39 AM »
I use vocal harmony and it is, as far as I can hear, exactly the same in T5 and Genos. But the difference could be because Genos has new reverbs. Some of the new reverbs is pretty heavy in the lower frequencies. I noticed that these reverbs level up the feed back in the frequencies, where Genos detect the voice for generate the harmonies. And then Genos generate harmonies out of harmonies, and this gives a bad sound.

Try to lower down the low frequencies in the reverb or choose another one - fx. "Voice Hall 2".

Don't know if this is your problem, but try it out.

Best regard
Flemming
Yamaha electone organ: D3 (70's), HS6, EL90
Yamaha Keyboards: PSR 7000, 8000, 9000, 9000pro, Tyros 1,2,3,4,5-76 Genos 1,2

Offline zionip

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 06:01:30 AM »
I use the Standard Vocal Harmony. With the T-5 I was able to set pretty well. With the Genos, I'm having a little trouble. Wondering if anyone has a recommended setting to give me. I don't use it that often, but when I do, the harmony just doesn't sound right. The Mic settings are fine. Anyone with any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike..

Hi Mike,

You can turn off the vocal harmony "Effect" and try it again - the default vocal harmony "Effect" preset on Genos is "Temp Delay" which makes the vocal harmony sound like repeated echoing in an abandoned valley, way too long, not natural, and not usable, sound more like a nightmare to me.  In my opinion, the vocal harmony sounds much more natural and usable with the Effect turned off.

The path:  Menu -> Vocal Harmony -> Effect (Off) as shown in the attached diagram.

Thanks,
Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mike2

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »
Thanks guys...that does sound better with the effects off, with lower frequency, that was also causing feedback, like a bass, not highs.
Mike..

Offline soryt

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
On this site from Heidrun Dolde you can buy some "vocal packs" with very interresting settings , i tried a few and they are fine to use

https://soundwonderland.de/page/shop/pakete.php

Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber