Author Topic: Music Finder files for Genos  (Read 4752 times)

Berpaul

Music Finder files for Genos
« on: December 09, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »
I've downloaded my Music Finder files from my Tyros 5 to the Genos but they are not in Alphabetical order. Has anybody had this trouble and were they able to correct it?

Offline zionip

Re: Music Finder files for Genos
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:53:49 PM »
I've downloaded my Music Finder files from my Tyros 5 to the Genos but they are not in Alphabetical order. Has anybody had this trouble and were they able to correct it?

There is no built-in sort or search functions with Playlist screen yet.  However, we can easily sort the Playlist file on our computer.

You can save your converted playlist file (from your Tyros 5) on Genos to the root directory of a USB stick inserted on the Genos.  Then you can insert that USB stick to a computer and copy that playlist file with the file extension of .tsv to your computer.  The playlist file is just a single line text file.

You can sort the playlist on your computer using Microsoft Word, which handle line breaks automatically.  If you open the playlist file using Notepad, you will just see one super long line, very confusing, so do not use Notepad.

You can open that .tsv file using winword.exe, change the Layout to Landscape, Margins to 0.5 inch all around, Page Size Legal.

1.  When prompted for "File Conversion", choose "Windows (default)", click "OK".
2.  Control-A to select all lines, then Home - select font size 6 (type in 6 for font size), so all lines are self-contained without being splitting any line into two separate lines.
3.  Click on the left of the 3rd line, where the first song line appears, and highlight the whole line.
     The first two line should look like this, and do not select them:
      TITLE   FILEPATH   REGIST   OPENVIEWER
      [About This Playlist]   D:/REGIST/About This Playlist.rgt   0   TEXT
4.  Scroll to the bottom of the file.  While holding the Shift key, click to the left of the last line - so from 3rd line to last line is selected.
5.  In the top middle of Home, there is an icon with A-Z down arrow, click it for "Sort Text", choose "Field 1" for "Sort by", "Text" for "Type", in "Ascending" order.  Now you have sorted the playlist.
6.  Click "File", "Save as" Plain Text file.  You can retain the same file name, but winword will append .txt after the filename.
7.  When prompted for "File Conversion", choose "Windows (Default)", click "OK".
8.  Copy the new playlist text file from your computer to the USB stick, then rename your new playlist text file on your USB stick by deleting the ".txt" from the filename.  For example, using "cmd.exe", you can change directory to the USB stick, in my case , it was W: drive:
     W:\>rename User_Examples_sorted1.tsv.txt User_Example_sorted1.tsv

You can then load this new sorted playlist file on Genos.  At least this sorted playlist will help you locate the song much easier than when it was unsorted.

Thanks,
Paul