Author Topic: TRX Blackpool registrations  (Read 7008 times)

Offline larrygreen1

TRX Blackpool registrations
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »
Hi.I have just bought a T5 & have added the TRX software that came with it.I am having trouble pairing up the sounds for the Blackpool soft & Blackpool full registrations as some of the sounds are empty (3 black bars showing on some of the voices).I have all the sounds put into the YEM.I would just like a list from someone telling me what sounds should be on each reg button for these two banks please.Many thanks.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: TRX Blackpool registrations
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:40:43 PM »
Hi Larry,

I suggest that the best thing to do is to 'look inside' the registration banks using Murray Best's 'Yamaha Registration Manager' program for PC.

You can use it to see not only which voices and styles are used by each button in a bank, but more importantly, exactly which storage drive and folder the regs. expect to find them.

You can download the program from this link...  https://www.psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

If this is something you are not confident about doing, then post the two registration banks as attachments to a reply to this thread and I can look at them for you.

Regards

Ian

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
Hi Larry, just seen your post - we talked about Tyros 4 and 5 at a Saturday evening dance in Norwich, I think it was earlier this year? Do you have the TRX USB plugged in the back socket and nothing plugged in the front socket? I find I have to have things like this when I switch on or the keyboard gets in a muddle which socket is which and all doesn't work properly. Are all the voices stored on the same USB or have you moved them in which case the keyboard wouldn't find them.
Anyway, in case none of the above apply, I have jotted down the voicings for Blackpool Full for you, don't know if you would need to know other settings like octaves etc. in which case it would probably be best if i send the registration banks on an email for for you? Anyway try these and see how they sound. If all OK I'll do the same with the Blackpool Soft bank.
In all cases the list is in the order of R1, R2, R3 then Left

1.  90 Tibia + Vox 8 + 4
      Xylophone
     66 Tower Piston001

2.  90
     Glock

3.  66
     Glock
     67 Tower Piston 4

4.  66
     73 Tower Mighty
     Glock

5.  73
     Glock

6.  90
     Tibia Full (from Legacy Organ)

7.  67
     Glock

8.  92 Theatre Magic
     Glock

Hope this helps
Pam

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »
Hi Pam.Yes I do remember speaking to you.Hope you are well.I only got the T5 on Fri .Inhave already managed to get everything working from my T4 so trying to start putting new stuff in now.Have also got bass pedals working ok as I want to start using my feet again as they have been rather redundant!!!.Many thanks for all the info.Will have a look tomorrow or Fri.I have all the sounds in the expansion but think they are just in the wrong places!!!.

Kind regards.

Larry.

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 01:37:24 PM »
Hi Pam.

I have set up the Blackpool Full reg's no problem.I would appreciate the same details for the Blackpool Soft if it is not too much trouble for you.

Wishing you best wishes for Xmas & 2018.😊

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »
Hi Larry, no problem but am just going out, will post them later today. Pam

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »
Thanks Pam.Absolutely no rush.

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »
Hi Larry, Happy Christmas to you too, and i think you may be back in Norwich 2018 so hope to see you then.
Here's the Blackpool Soft regs, let me know if you need details of any others which aren't connecting with the expansion voices.
1.  91
     Glock

2.  91
      Glock

3.   90
      Glock

4.   90
     Glock

5.   90
      Glock

6.   67
      Glock

7.   91

8.   73

Pam

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 10:37:23 AM »
Many thanks again Pam.I will check through when I have time,there is just so much to go through with a new keyboard isn't there!!! Have you looked at the Genos yet??? I spent about 30 mins on it a few weeks ago & I wasn't that impressed to be honest.Don't like touch screens,didn't like the layout & for someone playing for sequence dancing they have even got rid of my Bar counter!!!Aaaaaargh.Look forward to seeing you again in Dec next year hopefully.

Kind regards.

Larry.

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 10:46:54 AM »
Hi Larry, glad to be of help, I have found this forum very helpful and it's good to be able to give something back when I can.

Yes I have seen and played the Genos and love the sound. Personally I like the new layout and i think I would appreciate the new sliders, they have better control than the shorter ones and don't need the screen to be able to adjust them. I like the touch screen too, but a tilt would be better, a friend of mine has put some wooden wedges on the back arms of his stand to raise it up and that works well. So busy looking at everything else that I hadn't noticed there was no bar counter, I wonder why? Perhaps it will appear again on an update.
However, I am still very happy with my T5 TRX and bass pedals, and would like to buy a better pedalboard and speakers for it next year.
I have recently bought a V-Console from John Beesley, now that opens up a whole new world of sounds and at the moment is like disappearing down a black hole when I start creating registrations, it's very user friendly, you can do so much with it and the more you use it the more you want to do! You may well know about it but here's a link if you don't:
http://www.tyrosmagic.com/v-console-details

Looking forward to seeing you again next year, let's hope it's a good one, so much uncertainty at the moment.
Take care
Pam