Author Topic: is it possible to load wav sample with size of 2.5 mb in yamaha genos  (Read 4296 times)

Musaed

is it possible to load wav sample with size of 2.5MB or bigger then that  in Yamaha genos

and make it as a sound?

karmacomposer

Re: is it possible to load wav sample with size of 2.5 mb in yamaha genos
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »
I read somewhere the the Tyros and therefore Genos keyboards can accept soundfonts (.sf2 format).  Take the wave's you want, use a sample editor (there are a few, but my favorite is the Halion series) and export to a .sf2 soundfont.

Now load that into the Tyros/Genos and it should play across the keyboard (as you mapped it) fine.

I have a ton of .sf2's for sale at www.supersynths.com that will work with Tyros and possibly the Genos keyboards.  I am a Tyros 5 owner myself (just got it) and as soon as I get the expansion board (looking to get the 2gb version), I will test my .sf2 samples out on my T5.

Mike

Offline frankmusik

Re: is it possible to load wav sample with size of 2.5 mb in yamaha genos
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »
YES.

If you don't have a genius already, you can already prepare by using YEM Yamaha Expansion Manager, you just need a YAMAHA GENOS ID I can email you... so you can try to import your voices.

greetings from germany
frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ