Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

The Compressor

(1/3) > >>

opticat:
I've noticed that the output of the Genos is rather weak. I'm using the same sound system as I had on my T5-- a Logitech system, and I have to turn the volume knob quite high. I then went to the "COMPRESSOR" under the Mixer tab at the bottom of the screen. I turned the OUTPUT to 100 and saved as "User 1". This seems to have solved my problem. I am not certain what the EQ does, and am almost scared to mess with it. Hopefully I did the right thing.

Just wondering if anyone else has experimented with these controls. I'm thinking that the OUTPUT will stay at its saved setting and will increase the sound output of all my registrations that are currently saved. So much to work with on this keyboard. I love it!

Al Ram:
I am glad you solved your problem.   I will take note, for future reference to do the same.

I agree, for me too, it is almost scary to change anything in mixer tab.   

thanks for sharing the solution.

opticat:
Actually, Al, I just modified my post. The actual thing that I turned to 100 was the OUTPUT section of that window.

alans:
Hi opticat

I have done the same on my Genos,I too thought the volume was quite low, then I remembered what I did on my T5.It really pays dividends to play around with these settings.

Alan

Pianoman:
Hi Opticat.

I do not have a Genos yet, but if you could post a picture of the compressor screen, I might be able to offer some suggestions.

I know the Tyros layout quite well, but it's probable that the Genos has a different layout for compression.

Compression is not only about volume.

If used correctly, it binds the sound together, tightens and removes booming overtones of the Bass Guitar,
Bass Drum, and Snare Drum, among other things.
Bringing a good end result.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas.
Pianoman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version