Author Topic: Genos for orchestral parts  (Read 2760 times)

Offline pjd

Genos for orchestral parts
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »
Hi --

I saw these questions posted on the Keyboard Magazine forum and thought of Genos:

"I've got a gig next year which is really heavy on orchestral parts and I'm trying to work out my rig for it. The original material is a mix of live players and the VSL super-mega-hard-drive-eating library so if you didn't know it was samples you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

So I guess what I'm asking is:
1. Have any of you ever had to recreate big orchestral arrangements live?
2. Have you ever used any of the above libraries live, and if so, what was the hardware setup?
3. If you answered Yes to #1 and No to #2, what did you use?
4. How do you handle articulation switching etc?"

I get the whole mega-gigabyte library vs. keyboard argument. No need to re-litigate that issue here. But, I do feel that Genos is breaking new ground in keyboard synthesis for live orchestral parts.

I'm waiting for my Genos and I'm quite eager to start answering some of these questions from the Genos perspective.

Hope you find this interesting, too.

All the best -- pj

Marcus

Re: Genos for orchestral parts
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:08:13 PM »
My favorite poster from forum was Allan-Russell with his Tyros 5 and Sonar. I wouldn't doubt he is interested in the Genos. I wish him well.

Anyway, I loved his Big Band Arrangements utilizing The Tyros 5 sounds and SA2 premium instruments, like the example below. Couldn't imagine how much better his orchestral arrangements would sound on a Genos. Hope Allan doesn't mind me sharing one of his links.

Marcus

Alan Russell Orchestration (c) "Somebody Loves Me"

https://app.box.com/s/kejxx4z3gtqdek7iwjedf9rp0py4hywz