Author Topic: DON'T LAUGH PLEASE :(  (Read 10174 times)

Offline Kokoriz

DON'T LAUGH PLEASE :(
« on: December 10, 2017, 03:11:14 AM »
Returned my Genos back to the store couple days ago because I like the montage sounds better than the Genos but I regretted my decision to return it and went back today to buy it again and they said someone bought it earlier in the morning! Now they ordered a new one but won't come in till Thursday. Now just have to wait few more days. Got two new Yamaha HS8 monitors last week for the genos and now just using them for YouTube lol. But excitement waiting on the 2nd genos is still the same as the first one I returned! I'll definitely keep it around this time!

Offline zionip

Re: DON'T LAUGH PLEASE :(
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 03:18:03 AM »
Which Montage model do you have?  I saw a Montage 8 in a Guitar Center - it looked very premium.
Did you also try Korg Kronos 2 when shopping for Montage?
I'm glad you will have your Genos back soon.

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: Kokoriz

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 03:46:07 AM »
You must be a Libra!  Indecisions, indecisions, indecisions.

:D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 03:52:24 AM »
Which Montage model do you have?  I saw a Montage 8 in a Guitar Center - it looked very premium.
Did you also try Korg Kronos 2 when shopping for Montage?
I'm glad you will have your Genos back soon.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul, I don't have the montage but was just hoping the genos have most or some of montages sounds. But the Genos has nice sounds that I think not available on the montage. But the build quality of the montage really looks premium like you said. Thanks Paul!

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:54:28 AM »
You must be a Libra!  Indecisions, indecisions, indecisions.

:D

Joe H

Hi Joe, actually Aquarius lol. But dumb decision I made though! Not returning it this time.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 04:04:02 AM »
The Montage 8 IS a great instrument,  but it's not an arranger.  But I hope that you won't have any more regrets this time around.

Best Regards,
Pianoman
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:47:52 AM by Pianoman »

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 04:23:16 AM »
The Montage 8 IS a great instrument,  but it's not an arranger.  But I hope thst you won't have any more regrets this time around.

Best Regards,
Pianoman

That's very true Pianoman. Staying put this time around for sure. Thanks

Offline Afton72

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 10:28:40 AM »
Hey Joe H,   That must be why I have big arguments with myself,  when I have to make big decisions,   Ha Ha  :D   "Oct17"

Often been told I procrastinate.
        Cheers,         
                    Alan

Offline StuartR

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »
The Montage 8 IS a great instrument,  but it's not an arranger.  But I hope thst you won't have any more regrets this time around.

Best Regards,
Pianoman

Whole heartedly agree. I've had a Kronos, a Montage, a Tyros 5 and now Genos and although the ability to create and shape sounds of the others is superb, at the end of the day I found the arrangers more useful, easier to play and had some even better sounds thanks to S.Art technology.

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 11:40:59 AM »
Hey Kokoriz,

In a way you are now the first person with a Genos2  :P ;)

Peter

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
Get better speakers than the Genos ones and you will notice a **** of a difference. :o :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »
KoKoriz,

Congratulations, I'm glad to see that you've decided to take the Genos route and stay with it. 8) 8)
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Toril S

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
You did it to get the wonderful anticipation one more time☺☺☺ And sorry, I did laugh☺☺ Only just a little....
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 06:16:42 PM »
Get better speakers than the Genos ones and you will notice a **** of a difference. :o :)

Finally, what is your choice John ?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 06:18:57 PM »
Alan,

Yes, we Libras have a bit of trouble making decisions don't we. LOL  (Oct. 11)

;D

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »
Now they ordered a new one but won't come in till Thursday. Now just have to wait few more days.

I assume you are not in the USA . . . .   I was just told to wait until mid January for Genos to arrive to dealer . . . . .

If you have to wait just a few days  . .. .consider yourself lucky.

Greetings from San Diego
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
I assume you are not in the USA . . . .   I was just told to wait until mid January for Genos to arrive to dealer . . . . .

If you have to wait just a few days  . .. .consider yourself lucky.

Greetings from San Diego

Am in Dallas and they had them in stock but at their warehouse so tracking says arriving Thursday.

Offline markstyles

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 10:07:45 PM »
I'm not laughing - feeling your pain..  Since the T4, when I get the next new model.. I am somewhat underwhelmed at first.  It actually takes me several days to discover all the great things Yamaha puts into each succeeding instrument.. Once I've gotten more knowledgeable and let go of my expectations.. I appreciate the newest instrument much more.

The following users thanked this post: Joe H

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 05:31:03 AM »
Maybe Yamaha should make another high end instrument with all the features of Genos and Montage on board?
There seems to be more then enough people around here that would like that combo.

I would love the metal build quality of the Montage to.

jgriffin

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »
I'm going to resist laughing since we're practically neighbors!

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »
I'm going to resist laughing since we're practically neighbors!

Oh it's great to have neighbors on these forum! I signed up I think this past October just to learn as much about the Genos before release.. Still learning lots of great info on here.

Jean Abdou

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »
Returned my Genos back to the store couple days ago because I like the montage sounds better than the Genos but I regretted my decision to return it and went back today to buy it again and they said someone bought it earlier in the morning! Now they ordered a new one but won't come in till Thursday. Now just have to wait few more days. Got two new Yamaha HS8 monitors last week for the genos and now just using them for YouTube lol. But excitement waiting on the 2nd genos is still the same as the first one I returned! I'll definitely keep it around this time!

Curious to know what made you regret?!

mikecruiser

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »
Maybe Yamaha should make another high end instrument with all the features of Genos and Montage on board?

A Genos with 76 weighted keys would be the ultimate stage piano/arranger.  The one board could literally do everything!