Author Topic: Convert S770 samples to S950  (Read 7232 times)

Offline lilryu

Convert S770 samples to S950
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:20:40 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if it waz easy to convert a s770 sample to a s950? There's a sample pack online that I'd like to convert from s770 to s950. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline marius9

Re: Convert S770 samples to S950
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:42:07 AM »
Hello,

Unfortunately there isn't any way to do this.

Vice-versa is possible (you can load/import a .yep file into YEM and save it so as it will be possible to load it on your S770).

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »
It's notoriously almost impossible to create any custom packs for the S950 generation and before.

Some people have managed but it requires some special software which was not officially available, and is very rare. (I don't have it nor do I know where to get it).

Genos

Offline Styles2psr

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »

Nothing is impossible, and it doesn't requires any special software, but you must have access to a Psr-s770, to be able to record the wav samples from the Expansion.
It could be very time consuming depending on how many voices we are talking about, and how complex they are.
Also remember Psr-s770 have 158 mb memory and Psr-s950 64 mb.

If you have access to both of the keyboards,
it's gonna make it a lot easier to recreate the Expansion for the Psr-s950.

Note: You need a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) to record and edit your wav samples, and Expansion Voice Editor for recreating the Expansion.

How to proceed:

1. Load the Expansion into Psr-s770.

2. Select a sound, and start to record from key of C6 directly into the built-in USB Audio Player 2 sec long wav samples in key
 C, A, F#, and D# for each octave, when you have recorded all 4 keys press the Stop button and save the wavsample.

3. Continue the process with the rest of the octaves, and save the wavsamples in folders named (C6, C5, C4, C3, C2, C1)
Note: Depending on the sound sometimes it's enough with 2 wav samples for each octave (Normally C and F#).

When you have gathered your wavsamples, move on to the next step.

4. Transfer your wavsamples to the desktop on your computer.

5. Open your DAW, and drag and drop the wavsample into your DAWs recorder.

6. Now follow my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAk3oSrTv54&t=50s
   on how to cut, edit and loop each sample you have recorded, and how to assign the wavsamples into Expansion Voice Editor.

As I said nothing is impossible, and it doesn't requires any special software to achieve this.

Regards, Jan.

The following users thanked this post: panos

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »
Can I ask where you get hold of "Expansion Voice Editor" for the S950?
Genos

Offline Styles2psr

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 10:59:39 PM »

Here is a link to Expansion Voice Editor i've uploaded before.
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/q1XT0i4V/file.html

Regards, Jan.

The following users thanked this post: DerekA