Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Deciding to stick with your T5?

(1/6) > >>

agoldstraw:
Well, I finally gave in and have sold my Korg PA4X, and am on my way back to being a Yamaha user. Of course, I could go and get the 'latest and greatest' and score a Genos, but it is quite tempting to be content with a clean, used T5-76 and save a chunk of money. If you decided to hang on to your T5 for now (other than the obvious financial reasons), I'd be interested to hear about your decision?

Telmo:
I must agree with you. Tyros5 is more than enough for any keyboard player who has creativity. Like an old saying: "It's not the keyboard, but the keyboardist", to me, this is true to some extent. In addition to that,  if you can invest on those Yamaha Premium Packs offered by Musicsoft, your Tyros5 becomes a Beast. Happy playing.

Al Ram:
I will sell my Tyros 5 -in perfect condition- late January/early february.

Have a great day.

thanks

XeeniX:
I'm sticking to my T5-76 as well. And although financial reasons are part of it they are not the most important reasons for me.
As a visual impaired person I really dislike the touchscreen especially since it can not be lifted into an upright position handling the screen is nearly impossible for me. Other reasons are that I think (after testing and listening to it) the changes aren't that big in the more traditional parts. The things that do stand out don't really have my interest. Almost everything is improved overall but not enough (for me at least) to take the dive. I don't say it isn't a great arranger and worth it's money if you are upgrading from an older keyboard.
I bought a new T5 half a year ago when Genos was still a rumour and I don't regret it, even now I don't.

I will wait and enjoy my T5 till the next generation of Genos arrives in? 3-4 years? Perhaps by then the leap is big enough to buy one. An alternative for Telmo's statement: You can buy a Formula 1 car but if you don't know how or can not drive one to it's limits perhaps a Mercedes is the wiser choice ;)
Still fast enough to "drive" others crazy and.... more comfort on top of that :P

regards,

Peter

motekmusic:
 :)

Hello,

Yes, am a tyros 5 keeper without financial considerations.  Pretty much reasons being cerebral, asthetic and more than enough than
can handle at the moment.   I will however want to jump on the upgraded S970, hopefully in a few years time.
The recent genos style conversions has been a real treat and boost to my decision.   In no way does this decision reflect on any
of the new genos owners and wish them joyful playing.  ;) :)

cheers as always
elaine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version