Author Topic: Installing a Sound Pack on Genos ?  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Bob88

Installing a Sound Pack on Genos ?
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:13:41 AM »
   I have the Cinema Organ Sound Pack that I had originally installed on my T4 then later   on a T5.    Even though this will be the 3rd attempt to do so again I am somewhat timid  to  install  it on my Genous.   The pack came on a thumb drive which I
still have. I have installed YEM 2.50  on my computer  and have read numerous posts,manual pages and so on. 
    Before I proceed, what do I do first?   I am assuming there is no cable connection involved.   Should the pack on the thumb drive be inserted in which USB port and copied to what location or does YEM do this?.  In other words where will the  finsihed installation eventually remain, on the USER section ,USB 1 ?    I best leave it at that beofre I confuse myself further.  Why did'nt Yamaha add a magic wand button ?   Bob

Offline EileenL

Re: Installing a Sound Pack on Genos ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:50:47 AM »
Hi Bob,
  Firstly you need to import your keyboard ID into the YEM. Press Menu and select Expansion. Put a USB stick in keyboard and then press Export Instrument Info. Remove USB and place into your computer. Bring up the YEM programme and next to Install Target press the + sign and import the ID Genos will now appear on the left hand side of the screen. Now put the stick you have the pack on into computer and in YEM select My Packs press the +sign and Import pack. Now go to the USB stick and select the pack. It should now show you the UVI file. Click on it and it will load in.
  Once on the YEM you can now press GENOS and put a tick in the pack and any others you want to load.
You now can choose whether to save to USB or send to the instrument wirelessly.
  Hope this helps.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »
  Thank you for a step by step reply Eileen.  I will  post  a follow up report.  Regards,
                                                                                                                Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
  Well I managed to install the Cinema Pack and it does function OK but somehow was installed in the USER section.    In the Expansion folder it is listed  but will not open.  If that was not enough, my playlists, both the one that came with the Genous
and the Bonus Playlist do not work properly.  When I click on a  playlist title  the last
style that was used on the Genos comes up for every song file.
    I had thought I was finally  making headway with the Genos.  I am  no way near
ready for a live performance.  Eileen's instructions were  so straight forward.   Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 02:54:28 AM »
  Playlist problem resolved. I found a registration that may have been the problem.
 I removed it  and the playlists  play properly now.