Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

The ideal arranger

(1/4) > >>

Seagull29:
Hi,
Just a simple question:

For you, what should the ideal arranger do? (functions, editing etc....)    8)

Toril S:
Hello :) I would like screens that could be adjusted so that you could get much bigger letters in menus like Music Finder! More contrast on the buttons, and away with those horrible "rubber" buttons. The ability to make MP3s, not only Wav with the audio recorder. Tiltable screen on the smaller keyboards also, not only Tyros/Genos.

Seagull29:
On Genos, screen is not tiltable and some regret it.

Oldden:
Hi,
Not long now until NAMM 2018, Yamaha have picked out a big area just behind the hotel. I know, it's unlikely to be a new keyboard, but you never know.
Oldden

travlin-easy:
Having been on stage for more than 30 years, I assure you there is no such thing as an ideal arranger - it does not exist, at least yet. They all have some positive attributes and some negatives, especially when on stage. The screen visibility has improved dramatically over the past decade, and I can easily see my PSR-S950 under nearly all indoor situations, and some outdoor conditions. No need to have a tilt screen if it is viewable from all directions, which the S-950, S-970 and Genos are because of supertwist technology.

Since the advent of the PSR-2000, you can pretty much edit anything that needs editing, but for the most part, Yamaha has already done most of if for you, especially when it comes to realistic sounds for right hand voices. You would be hard pressed to make them any better than they are right out of the box. I should know - I've tried it many times.

Yamaha has made great strides in their music finder directory with their S series of keyboards, and the songlist on the Genos. For onstage work, this would be difficult to beat. I used my MFD extensively on stage and loved how easy it was to use and how fast I could transition between songs, often in times of less than one second. There are not many keyboards out there that can do this.

As for acquisition speed for file loading, the Genos and S series are lightning fast, which is a huge asset for onstage performances. When someone requests a song, I could usually get to it in less than 3 seconds and began playing the song as they walked back toward their table. Loved it!

So, what exactly do you need? Be very specific as to how it would be beneficial to you and others, and I will do my best to determine if there is already a feature that would easily accomplish that goal. If not, write a letter to Yamaha's product development team in California and maybe they can come up with a software solution or update that will take care of your needs.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version