Author Topic: Changing Keyboards Expansion Packs  (Read 4345 times)

Offline sooty8

Changing Keyboards Expansion Packs
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:21:25 PM »
I have just purchased a Tyros 5 and now in the process of learning its capabilities.
I have got the Church expansion pack which I purchased from Yamaha for a S950, do i have to buy another pack for the Tyros, or do they upgrade the pack for me, as they have a reference of the sale on their computer system.
i have just taken the 1GB flash drive out of the Tyros and replaced it with a 2GB , as i  have learnt that the memory soon gets used up.
I will keep the 1GB incase I become rich, than I can buy a Genos.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

Offline EileenL

Re: Changing Keyboards Expansion Packs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:00:35 PM »
You don't need an expansion card in Genos. It comes with an internal one.

Offline sooty8

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »
Hi Eileen

Yes I know about the Genos hard drive , I have decided to sell the 1GB flash drive  now whilst I can get the best price, I will leave the 2GB inside the Tyros, this will be the selling advantage. I have a three year warranty  with the Tyros, I will keep it for about just over two years.

I was more interested in weather I can use my existing expansion packs for my existing S950 for the Tyros.?

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:30:07 AM »
Steve the answer to your expansion pack question is:

Yes you will get a free upgrade to Tyros 5 format for all your expansion packs. Register your T5 on the musicsoft website. I received them after e-mailing support (link EMAIL us is at the bottom of the main wegpage) and got an e-mail back after 2 days telling me that they had added all my previously purchased packs to my account in T5 format. You can then download them and install them on your T5.

perhaps there is another way but for me that didn't work and this method did :)

regards,
Peter

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:32:45 AM by XeeniX »

Offline sooty8

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 09:14:36 PM »
Thank you Peter for your time in replying  to my question, I will contact Yamaha.
The reason that I asked this question is, I have third party packs and all my packs have been updated to Tyros 5 for no charge, I suppose it makes good business sense.

Regards

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5