Author Topic: Pianoman's Upcoming Genos Videos  (Read 14984 times)

Offline Pianoman

Pianoman's Upcoming Genos Videos
« on: December 04, 2017, 01:09:10 AM »
Hi Everyone.

As a sign of my deepest respect for the advice offered by Gary, Joe H, Drake, Stephen, Paul, Alan, Mike, Pjd, terryB, Toril, Spirit, Will49, Marcus, Tommy 73, and several others,
who time and again have proven themselves to possess a strong Columna vertebralis, also commonly referred to as Backbone or Spine,
a hard to find quality nowadays, but absolutely wonderful to behold when revealed by those who possess it,

I have decided to take all their advice to heart, and continue posting videos and links on the forum's Music Performances section.

I will be getting a Genos soon, and once I have familiarized myself with it, I will make and post videos that I hope will represent the worth and stature of this singular instrument .

That's about all I can think of saying right now, but please stay tuned.
I'm hoping to post some very interesting materiel once I have mastered this long awaited instrument and given it the thrashing it truly deserves.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:06:38 PM by Pianoman »

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Pianoman's Upcoming Genos Videos
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM »
Thank you sir. You are a true gentleman and scholar and I am very much looking forward to seeing those videos in the near future.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:56:13 AM »
Thank you Gary.
I am truly and deeply honoured to be considered a gentleman and scholar by you.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:05:14 PM by Pianoman »

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:12:48 AM »
Congratulations on the Genos

Looking forward to your video's

Offline alans

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »
Hi Everyone.

As a sign of my deepest respect for the advice offered by Gary, Joe H, Drake, Stephen, Paul, Alan, Mike, Pjd, terryB, Toril, Spirit, Will49, Marcus, Tommy 73, and several others, who time and again have proven themselves to possess a strong Columna vertebralis, also commonly referred to as Backbone or Spine,
a hard to find quality nowadays, but absolutely wonderful to behold when revealed by those who possess it,

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Hi Pianoman

I like the bit about the Columna vertebralis 😆😆😆

Please include your good self amongst those mentioned ! 😁😁

Looking forward to your Genos vids

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 11:49:01 AM »
Pianoman, Many thanks for your comments, you are a first class musician and person.  I'm really looking forward to hear your comments on the Genos!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »
Genos Update.

Ok, I just got back from the music store. No Genos has arrived.

After strongly verbalizing my frustration and disappointment, they patiently explained, like explaining to a child,
that the delay is due to the many current and upcoming Spanish public holidays.

And that they normally wait until they have many more items to load into their truck before shipping things over, not just a single item, while also saying that it will arrive "soon."

I retorted that the Main store in Mallorca had confirmed, when I was in the store on Saturday, and  over their own phone, that it would be here today.

I got the public holidays business patiently explained to me all over again.

I should have asked for a confirmation via e-mail.
I wonder if one can sue somebody for breaking a promise made via an e-mail message?
This is a question for all you formidable legal minds out there.

It is not the first time that this store here has disappointed me.
I once ordered a Yamaha sustain pedal in May and it only arrived in November.

There are only 2 music stores here. This one will sell me the Genos for 3900 €, while the other store sells it for 4439 €.

To say that I am merely disappointed would be an understatement, but I controlled my language at the store.

I cling to these people because of their cheaper asking prices. It makes me feel a little bit like a lady of the night.

I took my disappointment like a man, without bending over though, and left the store, after being promised a call as soon as the Genos arrives.

I will continue posting updates on this subject in the coming days.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:03:17 PM by Pianoman »

Offline terryB

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 02:36:03 PM »
Hey Pianoman, great news about your intended postings to the performance section :), but sorry to hear of your disappointment at the non arrival of the Genus :( . I hope it arrives soon.

Cheers
Terry

jgriffin

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 02:41:54 PM »
WOW....how utterly frustrating!!  That is pathetic customer service at any price.  They were obviously pulling your strings dude.  I can only imagine your disappointment.
 I work in sales at our company and that type of deception is not allowed here.  But congratulations on being a gentleman.  Not sure I could have restrained myself.  I was also looking forward to reading your comments!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »
Thank you Janet.

This is Spain though. Patience is a virtue, but here it is an absolute necessity.

They will deliver at a time of their own choosing. The guy at the store here is only an employee, part of a bigger chain of stores. Not the owner.

It is called Musicasa.com. Look it up.

It has more of a social club feel, than a business feel.
I have bought most of my gear, mostly Yamaha, in this store.
In a way, I expected to be taken more seriously because of that fact.

There are always friends of this guy in the store, babbling away, and very little dynamic business getting done.
You walk in, see what's available, buy it, and leave, so the guy can go back to chatting with his buddies.

It is the cheaper prices that make me go back there time and again.

But you need to be patient. Maybe take a muscle relaxant an hour before entering the store.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:30:26 PM by Pianoman »

Offline Ernie

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 04:32:32 PM »
Hi Pianoman ...

You don't need a Genos ... Your performances with the T3 are special and OK !

Regards
Ernie

Offline mikf

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »
Pianoman gives his T3 a pretty good workout , and from what he says it may be on its last legs. If it gives up the ghost before the replacement arrives that would be a pretty bad situation for someone who makes his living doing this. Hope the situation is resolved soon.
Mike

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
Hi Pianoman,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been let down with the Genos but glad to hear that you will be getting one and looking forward to hearing your performances on the new instrument.

I’m pleased to know that it will not have any exposed wiring and you will be out of danger.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

jgriffin

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »
Wonder what they are talking about?

P.S. It helps to have a sense of humor!

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 07:24:24 PM »
Wonder what they are talking about?

P.S. It helps to have a sense of humor!

That is funny Janet.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »
Thank you very much Ernie.

You are right, and so is Mike. Please allow me to explain.

My T3 still works ok, but I have 6 broken buttons now. And others are already loose and shaky, so it won't be long before they follow suit.

There  is no one willing or qualified to repair these buttons for me here. I have tried to repair these buttons myself but had to stop when I realised that I may end up damaging the display screen.

On the 19th of July I set up my gear for a gig and everything powered up except My Yamaha EMX 5000 Mixer Amplifier.
I couldn't perform so I didn't get paid that night.

I could have lost 375 Euros that night for the unfulfilled gig, if I didn't have the bright idea to try the Mixer Amp again at home.

I tried it at home and it powered up without a problem.
I tried it with my phone attached and it played the music on my phone perfectly.

I went back to the hotel next morning to try out the Mixer Amp again on the same electricity outlet. Again the Mixer wouldn't power up.

Then the manager and me went to try it on the reception area's power outlet and it worked like a charm.

It turned out that the  Amp on the Mixer has some kind of protection and won't power up if something is not kosher with the current.

I asked to be paid, since it wasn't my fault. It took a month of to and fro, but they finally paid up.

Anyway, just to be sure, I went and bought another Mixer Amp, and now I have two.

It is not only a matter of lost revenue, it is highly embarrassing for the establishment, and myself as well, to have a performance cancelled and leave 100 to 200 hotel guests stranded without evening entertainment.

I have thought of buying another T3, or T4, or T5, and send the T3 to Yamaha Iberia for repairs. If they're still willing to service my T3. So I could keep it as a Backup.

But they're harder to find than the Holy Grail here.

I meant the keyboards, not Yamaha Iberia.

There is an online store on the mainland which still sells the T5, for the same price as a Genos.

So I decided I'll just get the Genos and suffer my wife's rejection for a few weeks.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:58:25 PM by Pianoman »

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 09:05:52 PM »
Hi Pianoman,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been let down with the Genos but glad to hear that you will be getting one and looking forward to hearing your performances on the new instrument.

I’m pleased to know that it will not have any exposed wiring and you will be out of danger.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Thanks Trevor. I'm a careful guy by nature. I just have to take a round about way of doing things with the menus.
Once I open them I can't close them, unless I open another menu.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 09:34:20 PM »

So I decided I'll just get the Genos and suffer my wife's rejection for a few weeks.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Be glad you are not purchasing a sailing yacht - she would upset with you all the time. A few weeks rejection is the blink of an eye when it comes to purchasing boats - I should know. This is my current boat and nearly cost me my 55 year marriage. ;)

Gary   8)

Love Those Yammies...

Marcus

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 09:49:19 PM »
Be glad you are not purchasing a sailing yacht - she would upset with you all the time. A few weeks rejection is the blink of an eye when it comes to purchasing boats - I should know. This is my current boat and nearly cost me my 55 year marriage. ;)

Gary   8)

Well, it is said that the two happiest days of a boat owners life are the day they buy a boat and the day they sell it. I am glad that doesn't hold true with major keyboard purchases, but at least a keyboard can be a useful tool for both income and enjoyment and easier for your significant other to accept.

All the best for boat owners and Genos owners and those contemplating a purchase or upgrade.

Marcus 

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »

Gary   8)

Lovely Boat Gary.

Is that the Morgan 33?

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 10:31:02 PM »
Hello Pianoman. Good news that you will be posting! Look forward to it. You must have some beckbone as well, being able to hold back all the wonderful swearing words that undoubtedly came to mind when they told you that they had no Genos to offer! I will stay tuned :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 10:45:26 PM »
Well Gary ,

Me and my other half have our own space and I am able to get the things that I want as Long as I bring the Cup of tea In the morning to the bedside.
 ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 11:18:10 PM »
Pianoman,

A good point was made about you not needing a Genos you may not need one, neither do I.   The way I see it we can drive around in any car that has 4 wheels, an engine and the equipment to get us from point A to point B, but it sure feels a lot better getting from A to B in a luxury car or pick up truck.  It feels a lot better playing a Genos than just an arranger. Yea, maybe that’s a bit simplified, but I like to keep things simple.

GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 01:58:59 PM »
Hello Stephen,
And thank you.

I am now looking to order the Genos from Thomann.

Thomann is a well known and respected International company that also has representation in Madrid, Spain.

I respect them for their professionalism and dependability, and have done business with them many times.

One problem is that with Thomann the Genos is only available from the 19th of December.
A second problem is the price. Thomann asks 4499€ for the Genos.

Then one has to add another 5 to 7 days from the moment of payment till the day of delivery.

Then it will already be the Christmas season and everything will grind to a halt here.
There are already public holidays here starting tomorrow the 6th and lasting till Sunday the 10th.

Some people are already celebrating Christmas now, with drunken people staggering around the streets here.

My mechanic was talking in slurred speech, so I made a hasty retreat, saying that I'll come back in January.
And it's only the 5th of December.

I have to see my Dentist on the 14th, I hope that he will be sober.

My local dealer will sell the Genos for 3900€ but he is slippery as an Eel, and won't be pinned down.

From my encounter with him yesterday, I  didn't learn anything new, apart from being  told that it will be here "soon".

Even though their main branch had confirmed over the phone that it would arrive on the 4th of December.

This in an ongoing decision making process, I will keep updating here on new developments.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:00:42 PM by Pianoman »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »

Lovely Boat Gary.

Is that the Morgan 33?

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Yes, it's the Morgan 33 Out Island, which has a wider beam and longer keel than the standard sloop series. It sails like a dream, both in the ocean and bays, has an enormous amount if interior space and all the comforts of home, TV, refrigerator freezer, AC/Heat, hot and cold running water, gas stove and oven, etc... I love it, but I'm getting too busted up, physically to safely sail it alone.

All the best,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 02:57:42 PM »
Hi Gary.

So sorry to hear about you being busted up. I've seen your videos of the interior of the Yacht.
And pictures of the exterior. It is one **** of a boat.
Maybe on a good day you can take the family along to help out.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:45:06 PM by Pianoman »

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »
Oops, I forgot to add this Gary.

There is going to be an open air beach concert here with several local bands and little old me participating.

We will play from 1 PM till 5 or 6 PM, weather permitting. With plenty of home made food and cakes, plus a big barbecue and Paella.
On a good day we can have up to 21 degrees Celsius (70 degrees Fahrenheit) in December here.

It's a benefit concert, so every participant will offer their services for free.
I will only have to take along my keyboard and stage piano.

Sound equipment and engineering will be provided by a professional sound outfit, also for free.

The whole thing will be filmed by a professional as well, and i hope to obtain his videos of me, that i can post on YouTube and post the links here.

If I have my Genos before then, it will be a great opportunity to demonstrate the instrument in front of a hopefully big local audience.

Otherwise I will just have to do the gig with my trusty old T3.

Updates will follow.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:10:10 PM by Pianoman »

Offline kevlar2002

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »
Hola Pianoman, permíteme que me exprese en español, soy un paisano granadino y poseedor de un Genos. He estado siguiendo tu historia en el foro cuando el trabajo me dejaba y solo comentarte que te armes de paciencia. Mi Genos lo compré en Musicasa, al igual que mi anterior T3 y sí, son más baratos que la mayoría de tiendas aquí en España, pero no son los únicos.
No es que tenga nada en contra de Musicasa, al contrario, mis dos últimos teclados los compré allí, pero esta última compra me ha defraudado en el sentido de que me han vendido el Genos que tenían de exposición. Me siento un poco defraudado con ellos porque realmente solo me rebajaron 50 euros del precio de venta que tienen en la web pero creo que tampoco sería justo con ellos porque el trato conmigo siempre fue exquisito.
Si te ves apurado, como opción puedes contactar con Promusica, están en Sevilla y de precio muy similar a Musicasa. Ahí lo tenían por 4250 euros la última vez que visité su web y casi termino comprándoselo a ellos por el tema de cercanía, apenas hay 250 km de distancia entre Granada y Sevilla... En definitiva, que tengas paciencia, compares alternatives y valores los pros y contras de una y otra opción. En lo que te pueda ayudar, a tu disposición estoy incluso si quieres probarlo en casa. Un saludo y mucha suerte!! Verás que el Genos no te defraudará.

DavidB

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
Rather you expressed yourself in English actually. Then the majority will be able to still follow the thread. ;)

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
Hola Pianoman, permíteme que me exprese en español, soy un paisano granadino y poseedor de un Genos. He estado siguiendo tu historia en el foro cuando el trabajo me dejaba y solo comentarte que te armes de paciencia. Mi Genos lo compré en Musicasa, al igual que mi anterior T3 y sí, son más baratos que la mayoría de tiendas aquí en España, pero no son los únicos.
No es que tenga nada en contra de Musicasa, al contrario, mis dos últimos teclados los compré allí, pero esta última compra me ha defraudado en el sentido de que me han vendido el Genos que tenían de exposición. Me siento un poco defraudado con ellos porque realmente solo me rebajaron 50 euros del precio de venta que tienen en la web pero creo que tampoco sería justo con ellos porque el trato conmigo siempre fue exquisito.
Si te ves apurado, como opción puedes contactar con Promusica, están en Sevilla y de precio muy similar a Musicasa. Ahí lo tenían por 4250 euros la última vez que visité su web y casi termino comprándoselo a ellos por el tema de cercanía, apenas hay 250 km de distancia entre Granada y Sevilla... En definitiva, que tengas paciencia, compares alternatives y valores los pros y contras de una y otra opción. En lo que te pueda ayudar, a tu disposición estoy incluso si quieres probarlo en casa. Un saludo y mucha suerte!! Verás que el Genos no te defraudará.

Hello Everyone.

I am going to answer Kevlar2002 in Spanish, because he may be having trouble with English and that's probably why he addressed me in Spanish.

This forum has members from all over the globe. Some do not trust their English speaking ability very much.

Kevlar is a Genos owner, he bought his on the Spanish mainland.

His post talks about the store where I've ordered a Genos and about it's trustworthiness, as opposed to the other store where he bought his, as well as another store on the Spanish mainland.

And DavidB, I am not even European but I speak 6 European languages FLUENTLY.
Nothing wrong with learning a new language to keep the little grey cells stimulated and in good shape.

And it enhances one's life experience, to understand and be understood wherever one goes.

It's also like learning a new instrument, or meeting a new girlfriend.
I find both to be absolutely fascinating and exciting experiences.

Anyway, please forgive Kevlar2002 and me this one time as I answer him in Spanish.

Hola Kevlar2002.

Yo ya he pedido un Genos en la tienda de Musicasa aqui en Ibiza para comprobarlo, sin compromiso.
He hablado también con su tienda principal en Palma de Mallorca.
Ambos me han dicho que el Genos va a llegar aqui el dia 4 de Diciembre.

Bueno, no ha llegado ningun Genos aqui. Tengo guardado en mi ordenador las paginas web de ProMusica y una otra tienda online que se llama Alfasoni.

Mi preferencia es siempre de comprar algo en una tienda local, porque por cualquier problema puedo dirigirme rápidamente a la tienda.

Pero mientras que estamos hablando de ProMusica, quiero preguntarte si es una tienda confiable.
He leido algunas malas criticas, pero eran de una tienda ProMusica de Andorra.

Y también si sabes algo de la tienda Alfasoni.
Quiero también comprar un Korg Kronos 88 de 2015, y veo que ProMusica lo venden por 3626€.

Yo tengo que ir a Andalucia en la segunda ó tercera semana de Enero.

Tengo Amigos en Baza pero muchos más en Montequinto y Dos Hermanas, en Sevilla.

Puedo alojarme con ellos mientras que miro las tiendas ahí.

Dime algo cuando puedas.

Saludos,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:30:49 PM by Pianoman »

DavidB

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 04:40:56 PM »
LOL. Wow, you edited a post to actually name me in an attempt to make me look inferior.

You win, I'm afraid I only speak two languages fluently, but a few more in very broken pieces.

Anyway, sorry to have trodden on your toes. It doesn't change the fact the language of the forum is English.

Good luck with your Genos.

Offline zionip

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »
Hi David,

Please do not get upset about this language thing.  I have been using the Chrome browser and use right click option "Translate to English" whenever I encounter a language that I do not understand.  This works reasonably well.

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: pjd

DavidB

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 04:59:32 PM »
I can assure, I wasn't and I'm not upset at anyone at all. Life really is too short and I know it very well.

I was just asking the poster to post in English as that's the accepted language of the forum as I understand it and then I was highly amused at pianoman editing his post to lecture me on languages and attempt to make me look inferior... Really, highly amusing.

I mean what I say, life really is too short to get upset on a keyboard (or any other) forum :)

Thanks though.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »
Hello DavidB.

It was not to make you look inferior. The man probably had trouble with English.
I edited my post because I'm very particular about using correct grammar.
And merely suggested that the learning of different languages is a wonderful thing.

Best Regards,
Pianoman

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 07:09:32 PM »
No problem, gentlemen - we all have access go to Google Translate, which does a great job for those of us that only speak English or British. At one time I was fluent in Spanish, but because I have not used the language for more than 50 years, I have lots much of that ability. Ironically, I can still sing many songs in Spanish and Italian, but I do them phonetically.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:49 PM »
No problem, gentlemen - we all have access go to Google Translate, which does a great job for those of us that only speak English or British. At one time I was fluent in Spanish, but because I have not used the language for more than 50 years, I have lots much of that ability. Ironically, I can still sing many songs in Spanish and Italian, but I do them phonetically.

All the best,

Gary 8)

Hello Gary.

There is no problem at all. Just a misunderstanding.

I think David misunderstood my intentions, and since I had been re-editing my post, got the wrong impression, that i may have been trying to make him feel somehow inferior.

I usually revisit my posts to check for any grammatical errors.
I am not the kind of person who deliberately seeks to offend others.

The gentleman who addressed me in Spanish is from Granada, and having learned that I also live in Spain, maybe felt more comfortable addressing me in that language.

In my post, I offered a brief translation of what he was saying and also asked everyone to "please forgive Kevlar2002 and me just this one time as I answer him in Spanish."

He was trying to suggest other alternatives for where to buy a Genos.
He owns a Genos already, bought in Seville, and it seems that there's no trouble over there in obtaining one.

I will be travelling over there around the 15th of January.

He bought his Genos in the Seville branch of the same music store that keeps on disappointing me here.

That was basically what his post was about. I answered that I would rather buy here, in case of any unforeseeable problems emerging later on.

I did however tell him that I'm also interested in a Korg Kronos Synthesizer Workstation to supplement my future Genos and to let me know what it costs over there.

That was basically the gist of the entire Spanish conversation.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:10:56 PM by Pianoman »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 10:22:07 PM »
Thanks, Abby. I only wish I were able to attend that beach party you will be performing at in the next few weeks - really sounds like fun. I have done several in this part of the world, and I really had a ball, and so did the audiences. Even at my age, I still enjoy playing and singing to all those young girls on the beach dancing in their skimpy bikinis. ;)

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 01:26:56 AM »
Hello again Gary.

I don't know know if there will be any skimpy bikinis with a 70°F Temperature. But it will be fun.
Lot's of families, and people selling all kinds of stuff.

That will include home made pastries, all kinds of bric a brac, handmade pots, sweaters, spices, old bicycles, books, and a big charcoal barbeque for the hungry, and Paella, a delicious Spanish rice dish.
It's very informal and really like a beach picnic, with plenty of dancing.

All proceeds will go to charity, including the services of yours truly.

Still, I'm a born optimist, so you never know. Maybe there will be other optimists there too.
Courageous enough to run around in the aforementioned bikinis.

There are a lot of nationalities living here, so I'm expecting a carnival atmosphere.

Just about everything will be filmed, and I'm hoping to grab a member of the film crew and ask for a copy of anything with my music on it.

If I get the Genos early enough to load in my styles and registrations and familiarise myself with it's important functions, I might use it for the gig.

There will be other musicians and bands performing as well though, so i think each act will have a limited time window. Maybe 40 minutes each.

Otherwise I'll use my T3. The thing with the T3 is that I know it so well that i could probably play it blindfolded.
The buttons are so well laid out that you know what you're pressing, even without looking.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:30:46 AM by Pianoman »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 01:49:08 AM »
I love Paella and have consumed lots of it in this part of the world. My sister in law is Puerto Rican and fixes it every time I show up at their place in Florida for a visit.

Sounds like you will be having lots of fun,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2017, 02:31:17 AM »
I knew you are a man of the world Gary.
I think you have seen and done more in one lifetime than most people would do in several lifetimes.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2017, 03:03:18 AM »
Abby, my wife will tell everyone that our 55 year marriage has never been boring. ;)

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Will49

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
Thank you sir. You are a true gentleman and scholar and I am very much looking forward to seeing those videos in the near future.

Wholeheartedly agree with you there Gary....200%!! 😊

Will49

tyrosman

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »
Thank you  You are a true gentleman and scholar and I am very much looking forward to seeing those videos in the near future. as well fantastic Genos will be worth the wait as i cant wait thill the Rush is over and all my Packs converted :)