Author Topic: Behringer fcb1010  (Read 6233 times)

Offline John T4

Behringer fcb1010
« on: December 23, 2017, 11:22:19 AM »
Hi has anybody got this to work with a genos yet?
I spent yesterday playing with my new pedals and I am unable two Trigger events on the genos.
The reason I am doing this is because of the new position of the multipad buttons I find it very difficult to press them with my left hand while playing so thought foot switches would be a good solution.
On the genos external controller you can assign control change numbers or note numbers To The multi pads and you can assign the same control change and note numbers on the FCB footswitch but it does not change on the genos.
I have assigned the FCB to Port B channel 16 and assigned the genos external controller to receive on this channel.
Interestingly when watching the midi receive lights on the genos it says it's receiving on channel one if I change the genos receive channel to channel one then the receive lights on the genos show 16 as expected but do not activate the multi pads.
One last point when the FCB is factory reset and plugged in the 10 foot switches by default activate the 10 registration buttons without any set up at all but when checking the external controller settings on the genos nowhere is there any settings for registrations so I'm at a loss as to what commands are being sent in order to change the registrations.
I'm going to have to invest in a MIDI interface for the computer and try and analyse Wii midi data coming from the FCB this is also useful in program in the FCB for the PC but if anyone has one and has got it working I will be obliged for any help regards John

Offline mcbrown

Re: Behringer fcb1010
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
Hi John,
Here is a link to a previous discussion about the FCB1010.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,39277.msg313915.html#msg313915

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Offline John T4

Re: Behringer fcb1010
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 06:13:48 PM »
thanks Murray, I had read that thread before.
as an update i can now activate the multipad buttons using cc numbers, not note numbers!!!!! i dont know why.
also got the volume pedal to work, but only on keyboard volume, which is r1 r2 r3 and left.... so not much good as i would want it to change the entire keyboard..

ah well ill try again in the new year 

john