Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Clavinova CVP Digital Pianos

Music Finder

(1/2) > >>

Bud2:
A friend of mine has just had the 709 and if he picks a song from the Music Finder it sets the 3 pedals to a particular function, i.e pedal 1 Sustain, 2 Harmony/Echo, 3 modulation. If he now chooses another tune the Pedals are set to something totally different, which is very confusing for him. Sadly I don't live close so I can have a look at this but hopefully someone on here has found the same thing and can possibly help him to solve this. I must admit it would confuse me if the pedals keep changing what they do for each tune I pick.
Many Thanks in advance.
Bill

XeeniX:
Bill,

If not mistaken the MusicFinder on the CVP709 works the same as on my Tyros 5. It just holds some settings that are pure style related (which intro and which variation to start with) Furthermore some data about the song like which category and such. It does NOT contain a pedal setup. The only way as far as i Know to store a pedal setup is in a registration not in MusciFinder. Your friend's (pedal) problem is not with MusicFinder. Are you sure he isn't using registrations? If he saves his style/voice setup etc. in a registration and alters pedals sometimes for some songs they will be stored as well in there. That is if he has enabled the pedal option. Changing songs in MusicFinder will not change the pedals but if he uses a voice registration after that and accidentaly had stored the pedal info as well in there it will look as if MF changes it.

regards,
Peter

tomtomsf:
On his CVP, he can probably use the "Freeze" function to freeze his preferred pedal settings and never let them get changed by a registration or style. This works on Yamaha keyboards.

Tom G.

Bud2:
Hi thanks for your quick replys guys,  Peter he isn't using registrations he is only using Music Finder to play from. Tom, I will pass on your suggestion and will let you know if that cures the problem.
Cheers Bill.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Bud2 on December 04, 2017, 11:47:29 AM ---Hi thanks for your quick replys guys,  Peter he isn't using registrations he is only using Music Finder to play from. Tom, I will pass on your suggestion and will let you know if that cures the problem.
Cheers Bill.

--- End quote ---

There is no way the music finder can change pedal assignments. It has to be something else.

Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version