Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Recording & Song Player

Editing the Chord Track

(1/4) > >>

jerrythek:
Hello all:

I am having an issue I'd like some confirmation on. If I record a Song using the accompaniment system (playing various chords, changing Variations etc), it plays back fine. But when I go into StepEdit mode and choose the Chord Track I don't get the proper information. It only shows 1 bar with a C Major chord, and then an end event at Bar 3. The tempo is even wrong, it seems as if it is just showing some default values (Tempo 120, whereas my Song was at 96). If I now try to play the Song on this screen the drums play for 1 bar and stop, no chord changes, nothing. Yet the RH part keeps playing properly and the sequence plays for the full number of bars.

So it "seems" as if the Chord Track data is not loading properly into the Editor window/memory.

If I go back and select CH1 for editing, it shows all my RH playing, and the correct/full accompaniment plays back, with all the chords, and Variation/Fills.

I've tried this a few times, always with this same result.

Can anyone reproduce this situation? or is editing the Chord Track working OK for you all?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Wim NL:
Jerry,

Song record, Chord Step Edit mode is another method to create songs.
Only if you had programmed all chords in step edit than you can change chords etc..

When you use easy record the chords Will not display in step record.

What do you want to correct, only the display chord in the lyrics or also the accompaniment events?

jerrythek:

--- Quote from: Wim NL on December 02, 2017, 08:49:49 PM ---Jerry,

Song record, Chord Step Edit mode is another method to create songs.
Only if you had programmed all chords in step edit than you can change chords etc..

When you use easy record the chords Will not display in step record.

What do you want to correct, only the display chord in the lyrics or also the accompaniment events?

--- End quote ---

Hi Wim:

I recorded in Multi-Record, not Quick Record. But I played in real-time. And yes, I want to change a chord quality or two, changing the accompaniment events, to experiment as a songwriter might like to do...  :-)

Jerry

EileenL:
Chords will only show in Step record if you have recorded them this way. Just the same as most Yamaha keyboards.

jerrythek:
Thanks for the replies - I've got it. Seems a shame... they are obviously captured, and play back correctly. You can watch the Variation/Fill buttons light/respond and everything. So the data is "in there" somewhere.

:o

Best regards,

Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version