Author Topic: Adding Text File To Registration On Genous?  (Read 17949 times)

Offline Bob88

Adding Text File To Registration On Genous?
« on: December 02, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »
 I am trying to add a text file to one of my registrations. Does this have to be created
on my computer first as it was on my tyros 5 ?   The reason I ask , text can be added when renaming something on the Genos via the onscreen keyboard, so, is it possible for the .txt file to be created that way for a reg file?
   Also, the reference manual requires being in dual song mode (?)   I am not using a midi file with the reg in question.  Just want to add some notes related to the reg.
 I have a knack of thoroughly confusing others when posting a problem.  It's a gift
I  live with. Thanks,   Bob

Offline Wim NL

Re: Adding Text File To Registration On Genous?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:55:45 PM »
Text files are only used to songs.
Than make a dummy song with the text file.
And make a registration from the song.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
Hi Bob,

I do not own a Genos therefor I do not know if Genos works different with textfiles then a T5 but I do understand why you need it in a registration. On the T5 you simply store a textfile made on pc (T5 doesn't have a text editor on board dunno if there is one on the genos)

If what Wim says is correct and a dummy file is needed before you can use a textfile on Genos (quite funny actually ;) ) then here is a dummy midi file that in that case will do the trick.

regards,
Peter

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:12:04 PM by XeeniX »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 03:01:57 AM »
I am trying to add a text file to one of my registrations. Does this have to be created
on my computer first as it was on my tyros 5 ?

Yes, exactly the same as the T5.

The reason I ask , text can be added when renaming something on the Genos via the onscreen keyboard, so, is it possible for the .txt file to be created that way for a reg file? 

I don't know of any way of adding text "when renaming something". The only "text" you add on a rename is the name of the file.

Also, the reference manual requires being in dual song mode (?)   I am not using a midi file with the reg in question.  Just want to add some notes related to the reg.

There's nothing in the reference manual about text files requiring a song file, and they certainly don't require "dual song mode". Wim is incorrect. I have over 1000 text files, all reference by registrations, with nary a song file in sight.

Don't confuse text files with lyrics which are embedded in midi files.

In summary:
1. Create your text files on a computer (I use Notepad on my PC).
2. Memorize your text file to any registration you want (remembering to check the Text box in the Memory Contents screen).
When you load this registration, your text file will display. Nothing else, and certainly no song file, is required.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »
 Thank you Peter and Fred.  Sounds like an easy process.  Bob

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 03:35:02 PM »
Fred your are right.
Thank to correct me

I thought the dummy midi file was needed in Tyros 3 or 4.

I only use Text file together with a song, so the confusing from me.

Now only check the TEXT in memory.
Best Regards,
Wim

latingate

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
Is it possible to make the text file appear automatically when the registration is changed?
I mean that the file will be displayed right after I press the registration button (or chose from the touchscreen).

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 05:08:25 PM »
Is it possible to make the text file appear automatically when the registration is changed?
I mean that the file will be displayed right after I press the registration button (or chose from the touchscreen).

It depends on what you mean by "automatically".

If you are on the text viewer page, then the text appears right away. If you're on another screen, (like the main screen), then you have to go to the viewer page to see it. This is how text display has worked on every keyboard Yamaha has made since they started supporting text files in the Tyros 2.

Cheers,
Fred

PS. In the future, you're better off starting a new post when you have a new topic, rather than adding to a thread that's almost two years old.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

latingate

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 05:22:09 PM »
1. Thanks
2. Will do..

pietropavan

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 01:59:00 PM »
i still didnt manage to add a text file to a registration. is there a youtube or some more detailed info on this ?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 04:18:05 PM »
i still didnt manage to add a text file to a registration. is there a youtube or some more detailed info on this ?

Just click on the link in my signature.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ