Author Topic: Pianoman's Video Thread Moved Elsewhere.  (Read 8569 times)

Offline Pianoman

Pianoman's Video Thread Moved Elsewhere.
« on: December 01, 2017, 06:13:41 PM »
Hello Everyone.

The threads to my video links have been moved to the Performers section of the forum because they are not Genos related.
That is alright with me, but I would be lying if I said that I'm not disappointed.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:59:17 AM by Pianoman »

Offline Del B

Re: Pianoman's Video Thread Moved Elsewhere.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:01:42 PM »
Hi Pianoman
I'm sure nobody got upset that you posted your videos here, and for what I have seen they are very good, however if you originally posted them on a Genos thread then there are at least two reasons why they got moved, 1 because you are not actually playing a Genos and 2 all forum member performances whether on Youtube or any other means or any yamaha keyboard always go on the members performance Board, so please don't be dissapointed it is the way it is, but don't let that stop you from posting on the performance board I'm sure we would like to hear more of your renditions.
PS This Forum is not solely for Genos owners, it is for all Yamaha keyboard owners, I don't know where you got that impression that it was a Genos forum.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:10:01 PM by Del B »

Offline torben

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:20:11 PM »
Hi Pianoman

This is as I see it really far fetched criticism.  If you post something in the Genos section, your post must 100% be Genos related.  Otherwise they should be posted elsewhere on the Forum.  Anything else would be misleading. No big deal. Your excellent posts are not neglected ... just to be found other places ...

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:24:56 PM »
Hi Pianoman,
   Your posts were just moved to the performers section on the forum. More people visit that than the Genos section. The Genos section is not for if you can afford it or not. It is there to help members who have got there keyboards and are seeking advice on how to find there way round it and use the new functions. Just the same as the Tyros 1.2,3,4,and 5 and the PSR sections. We all post songs in the performance section because that is what it is there for. It is certainly not in the back pages. Have you visited it.

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »
Pianoman
Nobody is upset, and I suspect your reaction is based on misunderstanding. The forum is a lot bigger than the Genos topic, and all Yamaha arranger models are covered, probably the Tyros more than anything else. I think somehow that you may have linked your forum access to the Genos topic only, so instead of the top level where all the topics are visible, you may not be aware of the whole forum. Although posting in the wrong place is no big deal, apart from tidiness, - every time someone posts in the wrong place I and all the other moderators get an email, and that gets to be a pain, so it would be nice if you can try to correct this on future posts.
If you are linked to the wrong level, then google psrtutorial, then open it, and click on the 'forum' heading at  the top.  You will see a host of topics and other information on this site.
Keep on posting and participating on the forum, because your posts are interesting and you have a lot of experience to share.
Mike

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
Pianoman,

You can find your posts over here:   http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html

Joe H
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:53:11 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline alans

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »
Hi Pianoman

Please keep posting links to your performances,I really enjoy them,BUT as Mike has said in his message ,it is in the interests of "tidiness" and the well running of this website that members are requested to post in the correct section.
I very often check the performer section and get great pleasure listening and viewing members performances.

I am sure many poeple enjoy your youtube vids and your contribution is valued by many,I for one will follow your progress in obtaining a new keyboard,whether that be Genos or  whatever,seeing you give such good performances on your T3 it will be very interesting to read of your experience trying the Genos soon and  seeing  you perform on whatever new one you buy.

All the best

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
Pianoman - as an additional point, there are no 'back pages ' on this forum. Most people will open the forum at the top level, then scan down all the most recent posts. They are not separated in the recent post list by topics, but on most recent downwards. So your performance will have the exact same visibility regardless of the topic it is listed under. I think because you might not do it this way, you may think that the other topics receive no visibility, but I never do that, and I suspect that is true for most.
Also, you may have a skewed idea by looking mainly at Genos topics of how the average member thinks. I doubt anyone other than a few extreme equipment enthusiasts would actually think that the Tyros suddenly has been relegated to second class. We all surely know that in a performamce the keyboard contributes about one or two out of ten, while the playing/ entertainment quality contributes about 9 out of ten ( at least). The Genos is not going to create the next great entertainer, any more than my new driver is going to make me Tiger Woods.
Mike

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 09:32:36 PM »
Pianoman - as an additional point, there are no 'back pages ' on this forum.

Good point, Mike. Actually, moving Pianoman's performance out of the Genos area might broaden his audience.

Some people are probably tired of hearing us prattle on about Genos.   :D

Have a good weekend, everyone -- pj

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 09:33:25 PM »
Hi Pianoman! See what all your forum friends are writing. We all appreciate your music, and your presence here, so please go on posting.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline terryB

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »
Hi Pianoman, please carry on posting in performance section, I shall be looking there more often now to watch what you post.

Cheers
Terry

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 09:33:20 AM »
Wasn't the whole discussion with those video's based on what a Genos could do for you?
Definitely a Contribution to the Genos discussion if i remember well.

Altough posts with critical notes on the Genos are an item on this forum.

DavidB

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 10:07:25 AM »
Wasn't the whole discussion with those video's based on what a Genos could do for you?
Definitely a Contribution to the Genos discussion if i remember well.

Altough posts with critical notes on the Genos are an item on this forum.

That thread is still on this forum/section whatever it's called. The one's that were moved were pianomans videos of him playing a Tyros 3. Absolutely nothing to do with Genos.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »
That thread is still on this forum/section whatever it's called. The one's that were moved were pianomans videos of him playing a Tyros 3. Absolutely nothing to do with Genos.

The tread by Pianoman with subject sounding something like "tell me if I need a Genos" (or Genos sounds) is not to find anywhere as far as I can see.
Could anybody please lead me to it?

Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline zionip

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 08:54:53 AM »
The tread by Pianoman with subject sounding something like "tell me if I need a Genos" (or Genos sounds) is not to find anywhere as far as I can see.
Could anybody please lead me to it?

Are you talking about this thread?  If yes, then this thread is still in Genos - General section:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41454.msg325878.html#msg325878

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:56:13 AM by zionip »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 09:24:25 AM »
Yes, there it is.
Thank you.
Maybe I should buy new glasses ....  8)
Cheers 🥂
GJ