Author Topic: Saving Registrations  (Read 8016 times)

Ben22

Saving Registrations
« on: December 23, 2017, 11:47:25 PM »
Hi everyone, New member to the forum and also new Genos owner. I find after saving any registration bank and I exit the last bank i save it seems to be locked onto that bank.
If I try to change banks with Reg + or - buttons it stays on the last bank saved. Only way I've found to get it to free is to go back into save menu and select a different bank from screen. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

gerarde

Re: Saving Registrations
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:03:54 AM »
After you do the Reg + or -, press a registration button to load the registration.

Gerard

Ben22

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:13:14 AM »
Pressing the +or- does not change bank number. Stays locked on the one I saved. The only way to unlock is to change bank in the menu screen before you exit and then everything is ok

Ben22

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:31:39 AM »
Having experimented, I think I have found the solution. Seems there must be something in my Tyros 5 registrations that is upsetting the save function.
If i delete a bank and re enter clean on the Genos that bank works fine and no longer locks up. I had Songbook+ midi file in Tyros 5 reg banks. I wonder if that maybe the problem? Also noticed name files in reg buttons all end with S822.in every bank. With clean Genos reg there is no S822 or anything else. I thought you could Transfer Tyros 5 reg to Genos with no problems as Yamaha rep told me. Mind you this is only gremlin I have found. Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone tell me if you save Genos Reg with new sounds Tyros 5 has not got can you transfer back to tyros and will it still play.

Last thing , I have executed the latest Songbook+ with Genos "link"  with I-Pad and works great with every registration(back and forth)

gerarde

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 12:51:07 PM »
Glad it worked out for you.
I also use Songbook+ and find it very easy to use.
And I like no more midifiles needed to get it to work.

Gerard

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »
Glad it worked out for you.
I also use Songbook+ and find it very easy to use.
And I like no more midifiles needed to get it to work.

Gerard,

On my Tyros, I used midi files to turn the page (as well as load the sheet music). I've kept this system with my Genos.

If you're not using midi files, what do you do when you need to turn the page?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

gerarde

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 05:16:33 PM »
Fred,

I try and make my songs one page only.
For those that are more than one page, I just quickly swipe across my iPad to go to the next page.
I do a medley of 5 to 7 songs, with a different song on each page, and I swipe when I am ready to go to the next song.

Gerard

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 05:33:22 PM »
I try and make my songs one page only.
For those that are more than one page, I just quickly swipe across my iPad to go to the next page.
I do a medley of 5 to 7 songs, with a different song on each page, and I swipe when I am ready to go to the next song.

Thanks, Gerard.

I make too many mistakes when I take my hand off the keyboard, which is why I like to have the page turns done automatically.

I also find that, with age, I need larger notes to read. As I create my own sheet music, I can page it as preferred and increase the note size to something I can read.

To each his own,

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

gerarde

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 05:49:25 PM »
Fred,

I agree with the getting old part....
As I am 76 now. lol
And you have a Merry Christmas too.

Gerard

Offline Ingar

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 08:21:27 PM »
After you do the Reg + or -, press a registration button to load the registration.

Gerard
Yes about registrations...What about lyrics? can I just load them as well in to Genos and they are automatic Connected as they was on Tyros 5, or do I have to Connect them again one by one?

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 08:36:21 PM »
Having experimented, I think I have found the solution. Seems there must be something in my Tyros 5 registrations that is upsetting the save function.
If i delete a bank and re enter clean on the Genos that bank works fine and no longer locks up. I had Songbook+ midi file in Tyros 5 reg banks. I wonder if that maybe the problem? Also noticed name files in reg buttons all end with S822.in every bank. With clean Genos reg there is no S822 or anything else. I thought you could Transfer Tyros 5 reg to Genos with no problems as Yamaha rep told me. Mind you this is only gremlin I have found. Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone tell me if you save Genos Reg with new sounds Tyros 5 has not got can you transfer back to tyros and will it still play.

Last thing , I have executed the latest Songbook+ with Genos "link"  with I-Pad and works great with every registration(back and forth)

Ben
Glad you find the solution or way to work it out.

I transferred all my registrations from Tyros 5 to Genos with no major problem.   I also had all my T5 registrations with midi files to link to iPad/SongBook+. I left the midi file in the registrations and the midi files do not seem to be affecting Genos.

I also linked SongBook+ to Genos with no problem using the 'Link' function.

I also had a couple of external voices in the T5 located in the user area.  I transferred those to the Genos user area and have no problems with Genos using those voices.

In have lots of external styles and multipads that transferred to Genos with no problem.   Ocasionally, I found T5 registrations using T5 styles that are no longer in Genos.  In those cases, Genos automatically assigns a new Genos style.  In some cases i like the change, in most cases i like my old style better.  I copied all T5 styles to Genos and when needed i change my Genos registration to the old T5 style with no problem.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »

A little late perhaps but I just saw this topic when it was "upped" by the latest reply. This question was not answerred as far as I can see. Teh answer: No you can't transfer a Genos registration to a T5 and still get it to work. Not even sure if they would load for starters since I don;t have a Genos. besides, the instruments not on the Tyros would be missing or perhaps replaced by their T5 counterparts but not only the voice would sound different also new effects possibly present would not work since a registration only holds information on how to set up your keyboards.

The only way to make it work in a way would be to wait until or better yet IF someone like Murray releases an update of his registration manager to Genos. By then you would be able to downgrade to T5 losing 2 banks and still need to adjust a lot of instruments. Than at least these would work but still would leave you with unwanted drum kit sounds if a revo kit was saved in your original Genos registration. Simply replacing that kit wouldn't do you any good.

So: If you want to exchange registrations between the two keyboards on regular base and do not want to build one for each keyboard separately I advise you to build them on the T5 and than use them on the Genos. On the Genos they probably will still sound nice enough I think but they probably won't live up to Genos standards. Teh otehr way around? Mo problems ;)

kind regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:47:20 PM by XeeniX »