Author Topic: Registration Sequence problem  (Read 9801 times)

Offline valimaties

Registration Sequence problem
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:54:29 PM »
Sorry for my bad english (I hope you don't throw eggs in me... :)) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNsmdjeMHw

Vali Maties - Genos

mikecruiser

Re: Registration Sequence problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:18 AM »
You are absolutely right!  I also miss the Tyros ‘registration edit’ screen very much.  I always gave each registration a descriptive name (e.g. Mantovani Strings or Alpert Brass) and appropriate icon, rather than display the components (e.g Slow Strings, Chamber Strings & Real Strings Pad) that make up the registration. 
I haven’t tested your other point yet (advancing the registration bank whilst the Registration Edit screen is open), but that would also present a problem for me. 
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Mike

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »
I also miss the Tyros ‘registration edit’ screen very much

Regist Bank > Select your registration > Menu > select : Regist Bank Info or Regist Bank Tag Edit
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 08:12:09 PM »
Regist Bank > Select your registration > Menu > select : Regist Bank Info or Regist Bank Tag Edit

No Wim, is not the same thing.
In Tyros series from one move a see all registrations from next bank or previous.... Now I have to make a lot of movements to view what is inside a registration bank.
The idea is to open "Regist Bank Info" screen and after that to navigate with registry + or - to see the next Registry bank content or previous. This is so simple, so I think they could easily make this come true :) 

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:15:57 PM »
Regist Bank - and Regist Bank + works in Registration Bank modus (pusch Regist Bank - and +)

In the playlist you go to the next with the INC + button
and back with the - DEC button under the dial or with the dial and select by ENTER
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:40 PM »
Regist Bank - and Regist Bank + works in Registration Bank modus (pusch Regist Bank - and +)

In the playlist you go to the next with the INC + button
and back with the - DEC button under the dial or with the dial and select by ENTER

Ok!  ;D You didn't understand the problem.... :))))))

The problem is Genos does not navigate thru registry like  Tyros do!

Tyros:  Select a Registration Bank - Edit (now you see all 8 registrations there) => Registration+ go to next registration bank (without exit from registration bank edit screen) and now I'm viewing registrations of next Registration Bank ;)

Genos:  Select Registration Bank - Menu - Regist Bank Info (one step in plus) => Registration+  do nothing (R- do nothing) . To view the registrations of next registration bank look how many steps in plus: (I'm in Info screen) X button to exist (or exit button) - Select next registration (or press R+ button) - Menu - Regist Bank Info... How many steps in plus?! 3 (three, last step is also on Tyros when press Reg+).

Did you understand now?!  ???
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:03:56 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »
Yes, I do follow you now.

I don't often use more than 1 registration per bank.
So I'm not familiar to your work flow.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 05:40:21 PM »
Yes, I do follow you now.

I don't often use more than 1 registration per bank.
So I'm not familiar to your work flow.

In your case it's a waste of 9 registrations per bank... At least use replacement of OTS-es in registrations :) and you can get more voices in your style for right hand...

Vali Maties - Genos

gerarde

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:13:34 PM »
I use one registration per bank and use the other 9 buttons for all the voices I can use with that song.
Maybe one time when I play a song I will use button 4 voice and the next time button 6 voice to change it up a bit.

Gerard

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »
I use one registration per bank and use the other 9 buttons for all the voices I can use with that song.
Maybe one time when I play a song I will use button 4 voice and the next time button 6 voice to change it up a bit.

Gerard

It's a good approach, using registrations, for you.

I am, in most of my part as singing, the orchestrator in my band, I do not make solos, so in my case this is not a good approach.
In most of parts I use OTS for change my voices, but in almost all cases, I use OTS 4 for manually guitar arpeggiator (as stroke or arpeggio, or both of them, but manually) and strings, and the other OTSs for solo instruments, if I want to make a solo...

In my case, a registration for a song is enough, so I use registrations in other way (It's a kind of playlist :) ) The "Playlist" of Genos, in my case, help me to sort entire registrations database ;)

Regards.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:46:09 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
Hi Val,

That sure is inconvenient and a loss for Genos owners that want to use registrations in this way. I hope that they pay attention (perhaps mailing support and ask?) and add a feature with a next firmware update. In the meantime and perhaps a quick and dirty solution for you I hope :

If you put all the info that you need/want in a text file (create it on your pc) and save it in the registration under one of the banks as a lyrics text file. That way all the info about the banks for that registration can be quickly accessed by pressing the text/score button (don't have a Genos so no clue if they left one :D )
I's not ideal perhaps but it could be a nice workaround for you and save you a repetitive strain syndrome from all the screen tapping ;)

hope it is of any help to you,
peter 8)

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »
I use 1 registration bank for songs + style

And many other only voice registration banks with my favourite voices.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline MisterGenos

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »
Hello,

What i do is verry easy i use the DIRECT ACCESS and the same time one button of registration from 1 till 10

there i see the list of every Registration from the first till what i use

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:08:53 PM by MisterGenos »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »
I don't sing but play medleys of songs so my sound variations are what give interest to the songs. I will use One Bank with ten different sound variations for each style I use. I have always worked this way. I don't bother setting in Intos and endings as I do these by hand as and when I need to.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 09:27:22 AM »
You all sing as OMB?
I have other 4 members in my band, I'm not a OMB...
We sing in this way, as medley... when you want entertaining, having couple of seconds between songs is ugly. I don't sing in a restaurant or caritable events as background music, when you can stop, search, play.

I think in this conditions the only way playing songs as medley is making playlists... Registrations are only for saving settings, I cannot use them as in Tyros5, and this implies a couple of steps more.
A black ball from me to Yamaha for this thing, of changing behaviors from a model to other. They don't thing and seems to not care what implies this changes :(
I don't blame Genos as a keyboard, because sounds great, but blame Yamaha because of this "I don't understand why?!" changes.

Hope they add old features, because Genos can handle it.

Conclusion:
Genos - awesome keyboard
Yamaha engineers - 🖓
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:28:43 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Brnjeuska74

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 10:38:29 PM »
If you play in dark room/hall you definitely have a lots of problems with Genos reg.bank
Lots of us use reg.bank for style+voice+text at the same time, and moving threw reg.bank using the + or - was the easiest way and quickest as well... I hope that Yamaha will do an update .....