Author Topic: Expansion Packs  (Read 7605 times)

Lloyd E

Expansion Packs
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:47:40 AM »
With all the styles and voices in the Genos I find no reason to install the Expansion Pack download. I think
it's complicated and simply not worth the time and effort to bother with.    Lloyd

DavidB

Re: Expansion Packs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »
Each to their own, but I think when the expansion packs are converted for Genos, they will sound pretty special.

I never had a Tyros 5 so don't own any yet, but I'm certainly going to buy a few for my Genos.

Best wishes ;)

Lloyd E

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:37:18 PM »
David,
I have had expansion packs and spent a lot of money for them. I don't think I ever got my moneys worth from them. I am not saying someone else may think differently but this is only my opinion.  Lloyd

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
The Church and Christmas is a very nice pack which includes some nice styles to. Also the Country pack is fun.

DavidB

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »
David,
I have had expansion packs and spent a lot of money for them. I don't think I ever got my moneys worth from them. I am not saying someone else may think differently but this is only my opinion.  Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

Fully appreciate it's only your opinion but I guess, not having purchased one yet, I'm a little disappointed to read your negativity. I hoped they were worth every penny as I have plans to 'invest' in a few, but I guess I'll find out. I hope I'm more easily pleased :)

All the best ;)

Offline StuartR

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:15:20 PM »
Hi Lloyd,

Fully appreciate it's only your opinion but I guess, not having purchased one yet, I'm a little disappointed to read your negativity. I hoped they were worth every penny as I have plans to 'invest' in a few, but I guess I'll find out. I hope I'm more easily pleased :)

All the best ;)

I've purchased several of these and they are generally very well done. They are expensive but when you consider the effort it takes to create these sounds and styles, it may be worth it. You'll have to be the judge. I can tell you that the Country pack is very well done

Offline markstyles

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
I have 7 expansion packs,  The Trombone was the most useful to me.. They are all decent.  Yamaha is very calculated about their packs.  While they are improvements, one does not absolutely have to get them..  Yesterday I realized I have bought 137 products for the Tyros over the years..  The styles can be downloaded again no problem.. The midi's are limited in how many 'downloads you have available'..  only one left of those)..  I have the purchased Midis on my computer, so that is a complete non-issue.

I downloaded a lot of styles form PSR..  After a while.. I notice that, one can combine different instrument parts of various styles, to complete or somewhat duplicate the desirable aspects of their new styles.. Still I was a bit shocked to realize how much extra $$$ I have invested in additional Tyros styles, premium packs, etc.  I certainly don't regret it.. 

I think Yamaha is one of the most 'user dedicated companies' in existence..  I have several IK multimedia software products. (virtual instruments of DAWS). But their general attitude is once they got your $$$ they really don't give a crap..  They make good  products, but treat their customers like crap. 

We should be grateful for Yamaha's unsaid motto -  (the customer is important)

Lloyd E

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 06:43:54 PM »
My opinion of the Premium Packs and Styles is not meant to be negative, it's only my opinion and I did not
intend anyone else to not buy them.  I simply find that Genos gives me all I want. I am elderly and that
certainly helps to stop the "buying" days of yesterday.   Regards, Lloyd

Offline metcam

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »
.  I simply find that Genos gives me all I want.

And that is a great. A lot of musicians including my self use only 10% from Tyros5 or Genos.

Because region we come from. So the only options is making own "Custom packs" or baying from somebody else.

Regards.

Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 05:30:01 PM »
With all the styles and voices in the Genos I find no reason to install the Expansion Pack download. I think
it's complicated and simply not worth the time and effort to bother with.    Lloyd

Well expansion packs are not intended to be the same ole, same ole... they are different styles, Multi Pads and Voices than what is in the keyboard when shipped from the factory.  This is the ONLY way Yamaha can reach a world market and satisfy all buyers in all regions of the world.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 01:24:31 PM »
Hi

Better off making your own styles fom midi files.

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 05:50:43 PM »
Hi

Better off making your own styles fom midi files.

Been there; done that... It's not so easy.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html