Author Topic: how to flip a CVP into a karaoke machine?  (Read 474 times)

Offline Nico_Burgundy

how to flip a CVP into a karaoke machine?
« on: March 18, 2024, 04:31:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to connect a CVP 900 series to an external tv screen to duplicate the piano embeded touch screen, and then use the same tv screen for a karaoke night at home in order to display lyrics.
On youtube, I see Peter Baartmans doing it in a couple of videos, so it sure looks feasible.

However when I look at technicalities, the yamaha user guide I have is pointing to a link :
https://fr.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/8/1284078/compatible_usb_display_adapter_list_for_cvp-800.pdf

The issue I currently have is the listed compatible display devices from the Yamaha PDF are 5yo (from 2019) on 800 series, and none of them are available anymore on Amazon (too old I guess?)
By any chance, is there anyone here who went through the same journey, and would recommend me a USB to HDMI display device product, in order to get the job done?

Thank you all

Nico

Offline Amwilburn

Re: how to flip a CVP into a karaoke machine?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 07:08:05 PM »
Yes, someone did. I can't remember the thread, but luckily they summarized their search results: it needed to be something that was USB 2, not 3, to work with his (Genos or PSRsx900, can't remember which one). Since the CVP900 series is actually *technically* identical to the CVP809 released in 2019, it'll likely have the same requirement

Mark