Author Topic: Adding more layered voices to the Clavinova  (Read 7626 times)

Rondonc

Adding more layered voices to the Clavinova
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:40:25 PM »
One of the limitations of the Clavinova is the 2 RH voices.  I would like to add a third or possibly a fourth voice to be layered to give a thicker sound. Particularly useful with the big band sound.
I had thought of another keyboard midied to the Clavi or possibly an expander.
The Tyros Magic V Console may provide an answer but I would prefer something less complicated and cheaper.  Am I wasting my time with endeavours to find a solution or can you technical experts point me in the right direction.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Ron

Offline XeeniX

Re: Adding more layered voices to the Clavinova
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 08:03:07 PM »
Ron,

The only way I can think of would perhaps be to use a DAW. With the CVP hooked up to a pc and a DAW like sonar or cubase open you could insert a few midi channels and set those up for extra voices. I'm not entirely sure though if that would work without offering some or at least one style part channels. Guess it's worth a try. Most of the time they leave out a style part or if not one when muted doesn't influence the overall feel of the style. I don't think a midi key station would do the trick here since that can not produce any sound other than the CVP sound and you would need to have at least three hands to let them sound simultaneously ;)

regards,
Peter

SeaGtGruff

Re: Adding more layered voices to the Clavinova
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 05:24:50 AM »
What model Clavinova are you talking about? Or more to the point, what kind of connections does it have-- MIDI In/Out ports, or just a USB port? And what MIDI Settings does it have available?