Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Songbook+ will not connect to Genos Wireless Lan

(1/10) > >>

gerarde:
Setup Songbook+ and Genos as per the manual, but the Songbook+ is not communicating with the Genos wireless.
I did the restart MIDI too..
Any ideas?

I did get it to work using the camera adapter and a USB to Host cable.
But I would like it to work using wireless LAN.

Gerard

gerarde:
I followed instruction on pages 4, 5, and 9 to set it up to work with the WIRELESS LAN.
Here is the manual....
http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf
Has anyone else tried to hook up Songbook+ this way?

Gerard

pjd:
Hi Gerard --

Although I don't have a Genos (yet), I appreciate you're posting the link to the manual.

As Paul noted in a different thread, the example in the manual shows the Genos operating in Access Point Mode. This means that the Genos is effectively the master of its own WiFi network.

The manual says "Alternatively, you can integrate the Genos into an existing WiFi network, but the IP address of the Genos will then be different." So, theoretically, one should be able to enter the configuration data for a home WiFi network.

Personally, I'm inclined to use the Bluetooth method instead. Of course, that means buying a Yamaha Bluetooth adapter...

Thanks, again -- pj

gerarde:
I have heard back from the publisher and he can't figure out why it won't work.
I want it to work so that when I do a gig, I can keep my iPad charging.
I have the older iPad that does not take the LIGHTNING dongle.
I am hoping someone else has tried this.
Meanwhile, I will wait for his reply.

Gerard

Bob88:
   I'm still waiting to hear if the new version 3.2 of Songbbook+  will alow me to have a registration on the Genos open a corresponding pdf file on my Ipad .  In earlier posts I thought this was a given.  Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version