Author Topic: Voices R1,2,3  (Read 9326 times)

Gordon1949

Voices R1,2,3
« on: November 03, 2018, 06:01:47 AM »
You can set an R3 split point so that R1&2 would sound to the left of the split point while R3 would sound to the right of it. 

I was under the impression that you could layer 3 voices on the right hand, but, unless I am doing something wrong, I don’t that is possible on the Genos.  In other words, if I set R1 and R2 at C3, and also set R3 at C3, and I played, for exampe, a C chord, turning on R3 would prevent R1&2 from sounding while turning R3 off would enable R1&2 to sound.  My question then is: Is there any way to layer R1,2,&3 so that all 3 would generate sound simultaneously on the same notes?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Voices R1,2,3
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
You can set an R3 split point so that R1&2 would sound to the left of the split point while R3 would sound to the right of it. 

I was under the impression that you could layer 3 voices on the right hand, but, unless I am doing something wrong, I don’t that is possible on the Genos.  In other words, if I set R1 and R2 at C3, and also set R3 at C3, and I played, for exampe, a C chord, turning on R3 would prevent R1&2 from sounding while turning R3 off would enable R1&2 to sound.  My question then is: Is there any way to layer R1,2,&3 so that all 3 would generate sound simultaneously on the same notes?

Yes. Don’t set an R3 split point.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 01:40:47 PM »
Hi Gordon1949,

please refer to Page 49 in Genos Owner's Manual ("Setting the Split Point").

You have four (4) different "Sections":

Chord section
Left part section
Right 1/2 part section
Right 3 part section

To define these sections on the keyboard you have three (3) different Split Points:

Split Point "Style"
Split Point "Left"
Split Point "Right 3"

The default setting is:

Split Point "Style" = F#2
Split Point "Left" = F#2
Split Point "Right 3" = G2 (= one semitone higher than the "Left" Split Point)

With this setting you can play Right 1, 2 and 3 from G2. If you set the "Right 3" Split Point to a higher note, you can play Right 1/2 between "Left" and "Right 3" Split Point (and Right 3 above the "Right 3" Split Point.

P.S.
The Split Point settings are stored automatically when you make a Registration:

"Style" and "Left" Split Points with the checkmark "Style"
"Right 3" Split Point with the checkmark "Voice"

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 01:47:24 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Gordon1949

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 03:13:10 PM »
Thank you Fred and Chris. I put in the default settings you recommended, and I am now able to layer R1,2,&3 simultaneously. I don’t know what I was doing wrong previously, but now I have all three sounds so problem solved.  Thanks again.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »
Hi Gordon1949,

thanks for your feedback!

If you want to set you Genos to another Split Point, always FIRST set both "Style" and "Left" Split Points to the SAME note and then make sure that "Right 3" Split Point is one semitone higher. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)