Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Voices & Revo Drums

About Genos' Drums

(1/8) > >>

Seagull29:
About the Genos drums, for example the 80's kit in the list provided in YEM, we note a multitude of samples from EMU, DMX and LM2, some of which are dubbed on different notes but certainly tuned differently, which makes savings!

This partly answers the question of whether there are new sounds or whether they are old detainees. Both, my general! It would be necessary to be able to have access to the kits of T5 to compare but I am pretty sure that we must find a large part of the samples of Genos. If some feel the courage, with XML NotePad, you can access the mappings and samples. I started to see with the first kit of the list but it is a work of titan!
That said, it would be nice to have them to adapt the batteries of the T5 to effectively use the styles of Genos, at least question mappage, even if the sounds are not the same, although it is possible, with references samples and machines from which they come, to be able to rebuild kits adapted to the T5. At least, in a way, we know why the drums are different on the Genos. I forgot to specify that for each element of the kit, we have all the parameters of EQ, effects etc ...
So, if someone has the courage .....!

DrakeM:
Hi Seagull

I think you are using a "translator" program .. as your post is very difficult to understand.

I do not have a T5 but the new Genos drummer as described by Yamaha said the new drummer varies the sound of the pressure the drummer uses when hitting the drums. Thus giving it the sound like a Real live drummer would do. The Extra Notes found in the Genos RHY2 channel are those SOUR notes you hear in the T5 (and other keyboards) but in the Genos they are used to create the new sounding drummer patterns. You simply need to Delete those SOUR notes to get a perfect regular "old" sounding T5 drummer.

No mapping is needed ... just use your ears and you can hear for yourself that is what is going on.

Also most to the SOUR noting end with a "-1" after the note signature.
It looks something like this in the channel editor:
A-1 
C#-1

Regards
Drake

Jørgen:
Hi

NEWS...

My brand new software program "Revo Drum Cleaner" at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/rdclean/index.htm will do the job automatically...

Enjoy the "new" styles in your "old" keyboard...  ;D ;D

Jørgen

XeeniX:
It's all the "- notes" ;)

I found out while adjusting styles that problems/really strange noises always occured at point were these notes were inserted. At first I tried transposing them to other values but 3 days ago I tried simply removing them from the note event list with Mixmaster. I was editing them manually and now thanks to Jørgen I can spare my eyes a little to check for notes as Bb-1 and C-1 and the likes that make the strange noises on T5 and other arrangers. As Jørgen already stated you will still need to remap / tranpose some notes when certain kits are use because due to the mappings some of the Genos kits will still cause slight problems when simply replacing them. The PopPerc kit is such a kit that if it used in a Genos style needs other adjustements due to a different mapping then most kits. You really have to transpose some note events even after removing all the - notes. Some of the other kits are easier and will not need big adjustments when replaced with other kits. It will still be a lot of work to turn them into nice styles when doing it in style creator. Even if you use 3rd party programs to edit these remaining wrong notes in a style it won't be easy. But it's worth it I think :)

Thanks Jørgen for automating that removal of the "- notes"! That was a big step forward in reducing the work!

regards,

Peter 8)

Seagull29:
Hi,
thanks for infos and thanks for new soft. I think Revo Drums are simply Round Robin way with dispatch between 2 tracks of rythm (1 & 2) by difference of velocity. But with a view of mapping, I think we can reproduce the different playing drums. If we can have all informations about parts in styles of Genos, it coud be possible but I'm not sure of that. I'll try to make one kit with indicated samples in, it's not very difficult to find them on internet (Drumulator, Linn etc...). And Yamaha identified all samples by drum machine in list of kit's elements ! It's easy enough to read them with XML NotePad.

PS/I'm sorry, my english is not very good, High school is very far from now ! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version