Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > The Next Yamaha Keyboard

What specs of the Genos will make their way to the PSR S and E keyboards?

(1/6) > >>

vbdx66:
Hello to all,

Since the Genos is no up and running and speculation has eventually ended, for those who cannot afford it or are long time aficionados of the PSR S and PSR E series, I am wondering which features from the Genos might appear in the “smaller” keyboards.

Here is my bet:

For the PSR S 690/790/990 or whatever these boards will be labelled:
- Revo drums
- Kino strings
- New guitars
- Revamped DSP module
- Of course, some sounds and styles from the Genos (or possibly some completely new styles)

For the PSR E463/EW410 or whatever they will be called:
- More DSP effects to be controlled with the two Live knobs
- More Sweet! and Cool! voices
- At least ONE guitar sound which is not complete trash
- 5 to 10 styles directly adapted from the new Genos styles for SFF1 keyboards

And you Forum users, which features do you think will most probably make their way down from the Genos to the PSR S and E keyboards?

Best Regards,

Vinciane.

DerekA:

--- Quote from: vbdx66 on November 13, 2017, 04:20:59 PM ---For the PSR S 690/790/990 or whatever these boards will be labelled:
- Revo drums
- Kino strings
- New guitars
- Revamped DSP module
- Of course, some sounds and styles from the Genos (or possibly some completely new styles)
Vinciane.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure we will see much of that .... my guess would be

Touch screen
10 registration slots per bank
More than 2 assignable knobs
Additional insert DSP blocks
Some voices and styles

Recent history, though, is for the PSR-S series to introduce new functionality that migrates up to TOTL (e.g. assignable knobs, storing DSP parameters in registrations) so perhaps Yamaha will delight us with a surprise or two.

vbdx66:
Hello Derek,

I mentioned Revo Drums  because they are more or less replacing the defunct Audio Styles and if Yamaha drops the Audio styles for the successor of the S970 Revo Drums seem to be an obvious replacement.

I also think that Kino Strings have to be one of the PSR S970 new voices because they seem to be one of the star voices on the Genos.

As for "surprises" an arpeggiator for which one could design his own patterns would certainly be a nice addition  8)

I also hope there will be some additions to the PSR E keyboards, like recently the Aux In port and Audio via USB.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.

DerekA:
I've said elsewhere that I think they've been a bit mean in terms of genuinely new features on Genos. Sure there are some, but there could have been a lot more. I've considered Genos, but I will probably hold out for the 970 replacement. Who knows, they might rename that line too.

It would be great if some of the Genos / Tyros features did trickle down the line, but I think Yamaha needs to keep some features 'reserved' for the TOTL models - even though the processor in the current S770 / S970 could easily handle the load. Otherwise, who would spend the extra money?

I do agree that a programmable arpeggiator would be a good candidate to introduce - it would just be implemented in software, and would tie in well with the apparent strategy of targetting EDM users.

Patrick:
Bonjour Vinciane, oui on peut toujours rêver! I hope to have much more memory for the expansion packs, 2 usb drive and a touch screen; bonne soirée Patrick
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version