The PSR Tutorial Forum (5 Boards) > Hello Everyone!

New to the CVP709

(1/4) > >>

Acr:
Hi Everyone,
My name is Tony and I'm new to this forum. I have recently taken delivery of a Yamaha CVP709 which I hope to be able to enjoy in my retirement years. I have previously owned a Hammond organ and a Technics piano but never got round to regular studies and practice. The 709 is a really impressive instrument but I have to admit, I find the number of control buttons frightening. I've had the 709 now for a couple of weeks and I am getting a lot of pleasure from using the basic piano and drums. Before I bought my piano, I watched a UTUBE presentation of a CV 709 and noticed that the musician was pulling up songs from his music finder which I don't have. Does anybody know if there is a way that I can add more songs to my music finder. I have tried the Yamaha web sites without success. Any advice you may have for a novice would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Tony

XeeniX:
Welcome Tony,

I think you could try one of the tools here (look under the Sorenson Tab or Bedesem Tab.
http://psrtutorial.com/util/index.html
The music finder applications that these two wrote do not officially support a cvp709 but they do support a 609. You could try if that works for a cvp709 as well or ask them if there is another way with a post in the music finder section. They are both very responsive  and willing to help if you ask your questions there.

Not sure about Michael Bedesem's MF viewer (it's ment for converting MF files to another model) but Jørgen Sorenson's FM manager can exchange records of a MF file to another file. Or in other words have two MF files open at once on your pc and add records from one to another.

I added my old T4 MF files that is filled with 2500 records. You can test the programs with that :) I personally prefer to use registrations instead of MF since these registrations are capable of a zillion things more like helping you thru an entire song sinstead of only the start. Best of all with registrations is that you don;t even need to take yoru hands of the keys. You can set your cvp up to change registration buttons with a foot pedal.

hope this was of any help to you,

Peter 8)

Acr:
Hi Peter,
I was really pleased to receive your advice and I will work through your suggestions. I realize that there is such a lot to start getting used to on the 709 but I'm looking forward to the challenge. It certainly helps to know that there are helpful supportive people like you around to help me get there. Once again, very many thanks.
My best regards,
Tony

Joe W:
Hi, Tony,

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to visit the main PSR Tutorial web site.  Of the many things you will find there are a whole series of lessons on how the Yamaha Arranger keyboards work.  As it turns out there is a lot of similarity to the CVP.  The arrangers have the music finder feature and the lessons there tell you how it works, how you can edit entries, put your own entries in, and even replace the database that comes with the keyboard with different ones.  Here's a direct link to that MusicFinder section:

https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/mf/index.html

Not only can you learn about Music Finder databases (MFDs), there are also quite a few provided in the "Styles" section under "Other Files".  Here's a link to the MFD page:

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/OF/musicfinder.html

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial!

XeeniX:
You are welcome Tony,

I forgot to add my Tyros 4 Music Finder file, silly me :)

regards,

Peter

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version