The PSR Tutorial Forum (5 Boards) > Forum How To Focus

Forum How To Focus

(1/11) > >>

Joe W:
As you try to understand your new keyboard, you will faced with a lot of questions on how to do this or how to do that ON YOUR KEYBOARD.  Place your question in the board that deals with your keyboard or the particular feature on your keyboard that is giving you problems.

This board is for questions you may have about how this forum works.  How you might post something, how to reply to things, how to attach a file, how to download an attachment, how to use the calendar feature, how to access your profile and what is in there, how to find HELP about this forum.

Toril S:
Hello :) I have a question about a link to my performers page. I just get the string of letters, but I see other people have got the link to read for instance Toril's Jukebox or something like that. How do I do this?

And, concerning the how to section, I have "sinned" many times by posting how to do this and that with my keyboard here. So the clarification was in its place :)

Merry Christmas to all :)

Roger Brenizer:
I'll amend your profile, Toril, just as soon as I have time.  After it's amended you can look at your profile and see how this was done.  :)

Toril S:
Thank tou Roger😀🌲

Bill:
Hi ALL

Maybe it is time to take a step back and evaluate how each of us behaves on the Forum.

We have had the removal of the  "miscellaneous and just for fun" board and the lockdown on the discussion thread relating to it.

First I personally except everything that Joe and his moderators do.  I consider it a privilege, not a right to be part of this forum.

However, I just wanted to air some of my views on the subject. 

Moderator Behavior.

As I said whatever they do, they do with the best intentions for the well being of the Forum.  However, I think they could at least let us know what they are doing. They do NOT have to justify anything, just a quick statement at the time would be greatly appreciated.

OP Locking of Threads

A suggestion which I do not think will be generally accepted, however here goes.   Should the Original Poster not have the ability to close a thread when they feel a solution has been given and their problem has gone away.

Stupid Questions.

I have said many times to newcomers that there is no such thing as a Stupid Question, this is especially true as somethings are really easy for some folks BUT are extremely difficult for others.  However lately, I have started to think that there are some stupid questions.  But this I mean several people post questions simply to stir up a conversation when they do not have any problem or interest.

Thread Hijacking

Many times someone (Original Poster - OP) will start a new thread to ask a question about their Yamaha Keyboard, etc.
The second post will often reply without actually giving an answer - something along the lines of "I have never had that problem with mine", then go on to say they have been unwell lately.
The third poster replies to the 2nd poster to state they are sorry they are unwell.
Everyone else then jumps on the bandwagon about someone's health issue, leaving the poor OP in limbo.
Occasionally someone will post a reply "You don't get that type of problem with Korg XXXX keyboards.
Then off we go again on a totally different topic.

KEEP THE REPLIES DIRECTED TO THE OP NOT SUBSEQUENT ONES.
If you wish to reply to subsequent posters, Start a NEW Thread, otherwise it makes life very difficult for those that genuinely wish to help. They have to read all the responses to sort the valid replies from the Chaff or frivolous ones.   

Regards

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version