Author Topic: Third-party Expansion packs with Genos  (Read 7314 times)

Offline Kokoriz

Third-party Expansion packs with Genos
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:08:33 AM »
So I have been trying to collect as much styles for my future Genos that I will be getting in a month but if I buy an expansion pack that was for the Tyros 5, will it work on the Genos? Seriously I don't even know how expansion packs works since I haven't used Yamaha since the PSR 9000. I have bought 8 styles from Yamaha site and now am wanting to buy some third-party packs made for T5 but not so sure about it's compatibility with Genos. I am going to look into YEM and how it works. Thank you all in advance!

Offline EileenL

Re: Third-party Expansion packs with Genos
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:13:55 AM »
The YEM has been updated for Genos and should be on the Yamaha download site tomorrow. The packs are being converted so it may be better to wait for those.

The following users thanked this post: Kokoriz

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 02:11:38 AM »
The YEM has been updated for Genos and should be on the Yamaha download site tomorrow. The packs are being converted so it may be better to wait for those.

EileenL, thank you kindly for the quick response!

Offline AlBags

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:34:59 AM »

Info for ALREADY PURCHASED 3rd Party T5 Packs  eg. UPGRADES

I had the Premium FMXpanded Pack for my T5, and as a 3rd Party add-on, I needed to go to the producer of that pack to get an upgrade for my Genos.
FMXpanded is from EasySounds, Germany. I registered on their site, emailed them with proof of purchase (a screenshot of Library on Musicsoft) and they emailed me links for the replacement pack (ppi and info zip) In face, they linked me to download for T5, Genos, PSRS-770 & 970.
So, just register and send an email to them. They will ask for purchase details, then email you links for zip download. No charge to me, but may not apply in others' circumstances.
I could not get the download to work at Musicsoft, so I spoke to a helpful guy Donald, who advised me of procedure. 

Easysounds:  www.easysounds.de
http://easysounds.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop40690.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Shop40690

Information about upgrades on their homepage.

They also told me they were 'maybe' going to do a 'Nature of Chill' pack (from MOTIF) for GENOS
 this year.
Other Packs from Easysounds (Tyros):
Live Organ,  Phat Analog, Magic Dance

ATB. Al
😉👍
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:38:57 AM by AlBags »
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
There is no reason to upgrade the Easy Sounds packs. They all work fine on Genos.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Styles2psr

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 04:16:17 AM »
People keep asking me about this every day :)

As long as you have the latest version of YEM (2.5.0), and the ppf-files for each Expansion Pack,
they should work with Genos without any problems.

Regards, Jan.

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline AlBags

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 08:36:47 AM »

I wasnt here .. but I have spoken to Easy Sounds.

So why would Easy Sounds have a separate Install for Genos, and one for Tyros5? That would be time and money for nothing then (good tracks, those)
As I have spoken to the developer before, and I will ask the question. Maybe they are optimised or something.
They supplied a YEM, and a separate instrument install file, along with samples, etc.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
Easy Sounds has an upgrade for Magic Dance expansion pack for Genos.  It includes some Genos styles, more Multi Pads and a couple of drum kits that are mapped to the Genos EDM Drum Kits.  But you can use any of Peter's expansion packs released for the S970 and Tyros 5 with the latest version of YEM.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline AlBags

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 09:07:43 AM »

I'm waiting for their Chill conversion over from MOTIF  👍😁