Author Topic: Audio recorder on Genos  (Read 7769 times)

Offline Heartpeter

Audio recorder on Genos
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:19:44 AM »
 :( so sad to see that the audio recorder has no multi tracking facility as in the Tyros 5. The rest of the Genos sounds amazing, but unfortunately that makes it a no for me.....I love the audio recorder multitracking facility, enabling you to add singing multitracking voices once you have the midi track sorted..such a shame....and why take a step backward like that.....hopefully in Genos 2 it will be back!

Offline valimaties

Re: Audio recorder on Genos
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:27:38 AM »
:( so sad to see that the audio recorder has no multi tracking facility as in the Tyros 5. The rest of the Genos sounds amazing, but unfortunately that makes it a no for me.....I love the audio recorder multitracking facility, enabling you to add singing multitracking voices once you have the midi track sorted..such a shame....and why take a step backward like that.....hopefully in Genos 2 it will be back!

Let's wait a little bit. Like you probably hear, the Reference Manual and DataList are gone from download. Maybe a new OS update will bring that feature back, like Tyros 5 :)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Heartpeter

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »
 :)I hope so....that would. Be terrific! Thanks for that thought...

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 11:34:41 AM »
:)I hope so....that would. Be terrific! Thanks for that thought...

Exactly what I have talked about  ;D ;D ;D

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/news_events/2017/Genos-update.html

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Heartpeter

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 09:36:20 PM »
Thanks for that...I’m all exited again!

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »
This does make much more sense!

But why do Yamaha continue to give us these 'heartstopper' moments?   :o

Perhaps they were 'rushed' into the Genos release, but how much time to they need for heaven's sake?

They have had four years since the release of the Tyros5!

Maybe for the first year or so after the T5 release, they had to unexpectedly/desperately shift/prioritise software development resource to include a voice editor within YEM, after they obviously got customer expectations so badly wrong (again  :'() with their first offering!

Whatever the reasons, it sounds like incompetence to me!

Regards

Ian

Danne Machmar

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 01:51:43 AM »
Yes...and another thing....you can not call up the registrations/titles and go to the next bank....wich is a very simple thing and that was on tyros 1-5
I mean...you make ten registrations 10 buttons....you are of course not intrested in only the first registration 1 as yamaha shows in the examples.....you have ofcourse ten registrations per bank. We need to se inside the banks and be able to go to the next bank by pressing + or -

Totally freaked out

Offline terryB

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »
Page 86 of the reference manual describes Audio multi recording, is this what your looking for? I have not yet used this but it looks similar to the T5 system ???

Cheers
Terry