Author Topic: HDD recording problem  (Read 430 times)

Offline ChristerLun

HDD recording problem
« on: October 15, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »
Hi, my T3 has started to give me problems when recording to internal HDD.

After a few minutes it says "Drive is  busy" and recording ends whit a few scrambled tones.

Has not used it so much but now Tyros is moved away from PC so I have started to use it more, maybe 20 times in total. But recently it has done it 3 times.
Last recording of 8 minutes was ok. But before that it stopped at 3.xx and 5.xx minutes.

I have now changed sleep time on HDD from 5 to 10 minutes, it was the only thing I could find that might affect it. But it should not be a problem...

Has someone had same problem?

/Chris

Offline Fred Smith

Re: HDD recording problem
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:47:27 PM »
Change the sleep time to NEVER.

If that doesn’t work, then you need a new drive.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ChristerLun

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:02:57 AM »
Thanks, I give it a shot.
But it sounds like a bug in software if it is that easy, but lets hope for it :-)

/Chris

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 03:23:13 PM »
A lot of the time this is a Hard Drive problem and is not a bug. If you have the sleep time set to a short amount the Hard drive will stop before recording has finished again not a bug.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »
Hi Chris,

As you are probably aware, the Hard Disk Sleep Time is set in the 'Media' Tab of the Function > Utility display. This function is briefly described in the relevant section of the Reference Manual, and there is a note there about setting it.

There are currently two versions of the Tyros3 Reference Manual on the Yamaha Support website!  I assume that they relate to the particular firmware version installed on your keyboard.

The note in the version listed as 'Tyros3 Reference Manual (Version 1.0 - Version 1.11)' on page 123 says: 

'When using the Hard Disk Recorder function, make sure to set this to “NEVER.” If you set this to something other than “NEVER,” the Hard Disk Recorder may not operate correctly.'

However, the note on the same page of the other version: 'Tyros3 Reference Manual (Version 1.12 - )' says:

'When using the Hard Disk Recorder, HARD DISK SLEEP TIME will be set to “NEVER” automatically.'

What firmware version is installed in your T3?

For comparison the equivalent note for my Tyros4 says : 'When using the Audio Recorder/Player function, make sure to set this to “NEVER,” otherwise the Audio Recorder/Player may not function properly.'

I have never had a Tyros3 so I can't say if it behaves differently from a Tyros4, but it must surely be worth trying it with the Hard Disk Sleep Time set to 'NEVER'!  If it makes no difference, you won't be any worse off!

Regards

Ian