Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Genos in Canada

(1/10) > >>

Lee Batchelor:
This topic is specific to Canadians - although our friends from other countries are more than welcome to chime in :).

I spoke with Long and McQuade in Oshawa, Ontario yesterday (October 12, 2017) and they expect the Genos to be available in their stores across Canada the beginning of January. They anticipate the price to be $5,999. That is straight from their Yamaha rep in Toronto. Just a heads up for you.

For those outside Canada, Long and McQuade is the largest music store chain in Canada, with 50 stores. Their business model is among the best I've ever seen.

alans:
Thats dissapointing for Genos buyers in Canada,is there any specific reason why you can't  get them sooner,apart from high demand in other countries ??
How does the price compare to US prices ?

Alan

Lee Batchelor:
Hi Alan,

It seems three quarters of the world wants to live here, but so often we are last on the list to receive goods. I have know idea why that is, other than most companies favor the more populated countries. It really pisses me off to see a picture of 50 or 100 Genos keyboards sitting in an empty classroom somewhere in Asia, while we have to wait. Typically, all new Yamaha products reach us about 4 to 6 months after the rest of the world's users have scratch marks all over their keyboards. When I bought my T5 in 2014, the other countries had received them 6 months earlier, and I have it on pretty good faith that the day I picked mine up, there were only 6 in Canada!!!!!! Ridiculous!!! And of course, our wonderful government makes it impossible for us to buy from a U.S. dealer - mainly because of outrageous duty tax. We can't even buy a car in the U.S. without jumping through a billion legal hoops. Very sad...

The price is comparable to the U.S. as far as I know.

Marcus:
My Yamaha dealer here in the Niagara area also mentioned January, but said it could be sooner. US delivery was early, so maybe Canada isn't that far behind, typically a month. I keep clear of my local Long & McQuade store for large purchases, because they won't move or do a better price than their listed price. Maybe the larger Long & McQuade stores might negotiate if manager is present. I was given that $5,999 CAD($4,800 USD) quote as well, but can do a lot better.

Marcus

Lee Batchelor:
Hopefully, you're right regarding the timing Marcus. I have spent so much money with Long and McQuade over the past 25 years, they will price match anyone out there. I far prefer them to the smaller stores because they give me great trade-in value. It saves me wasting hours and days with "tire kickers" on a private sale :). Plus, we only pay the outrageous HST (13%) on the difference. Wow, a break from the Canadian government and their wasteful ways - whoo-hoo - how rare!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version