Author Topic: Exporting Definition File ?  (Read 7471 times)

Offline Bob88

Exporting Definition File ?
« on: April 09, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »
 I want to install the  Superior  Style Pack.  I have 2 packs already installed  on my Genos but I believe
I need to install the instrument definition file first(?).  Not sure how to do this. I assume this  is required before installing the new pack.  Bob

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Exporting Definition File ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
I want to install the  Superior  Style Pack.  I have 2 packs already installed  on my Genos but I believe
I need to install the instrument definition file first(?).  Not sure how to do this. I assume this  is required before installing the new pack.  Bob

You need to install the instrument definition file (.n27) only if you need to take advantage of the extra expansion memory in Genos 2.0 (1.8Gb to 3.0Gb).

To do so:
1. Export the file from the keyboard: Menu>Expansion>Export Instrument Info
2. Import it in YEM: Click the plus sign next to Install, Import Instrument Info

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bob88

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 08:32:38 PM »
 Thanks Fred.  I do have the latest firmware(updates) for Genos and YEM  and I just
installed the instrument defintion file on USB.   I should explain that back in January I posted help for installing the new Superior Pack  and read some helpful posts by Stijn  but never felt confident enough   to install
it.  I have 2 packs from my Tyros 5 on the Genos.   Not sure how I ever managed to do so.   Anyway I want to use YEM to add the Superior Pack.   So now that the instrument definition file
is on USB I'm not sure where to go next.
 Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 09:52:45 PM »
... So now that the instrument definition file is on USB I'm not sure where to go next. ...

Hi Bob,

- connect the USB stick containing the NEW Instrument Info file (that you have exported from your Genos) to the Computer.

- Start YEM

- Click on the (old) Install Target "Genos" button. Then click on the ">" sign next to "Install Target" and select "Delete" to delete that OLD Install Target.

- Click on the "+" sign next to "Install Target" and select "Import Instrument Info". Navigate to the USB drive, select the file "Genos_InstrumentInfo.n27" and click "Open" button to import the NEW Install Target.

- If the Superior Pack is not in your YEM yet: Click on "My Packs", click on the "+" sign to the right and select "Import Pack". Navigate to the location on your computer where the Superior Pack file is stored. Select the file"GenosV2.0 SuperiorPack.cpf" and click "Open" to import the Pack.

- To bring the desired Packs to the Genos: Click on "Genos" button below "Install Target". Select all desired Packs (so that they have a light-green checkmark).

- Click on "Save as Pack Install File" button. Navigate to the USB drive and click "Save" button to save the Pack Installation file (.cpi) on the USB stick. Wait until the saving process has finished.

- Connect the USB stick to the Genos. Press [Menu] > Pack Installation. Select the file "Genos_PackInstallData" on the USB stick and follow the instructions on the display.

- Finished! :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:56:24 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »
Hi Chris:  I installed the instrument definition file OK. In YEM I selected GENOS which then highlighted my 2 previously installed packs.  When I then brought up the option to import the new pack, the 2 installed packs were no longer highlighted.  I did not proceed further as I thought I might be deleting them.  So, should I have continued
on and then have been able to highlight them later to be saved?   Thanks, Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »
Hi Bob,

you have to differentiate between the two views "MyPacks" and (in your case) "Genos":

For importing a new Pack, click on "My Packs". In this view, you see ALL the Packs that are in the YEM. Here you can select only ONE Pack at a time. You can also DELETE a certain Pack from YEM here, if needed.

Then click on "Genos" button (= your Install Target), be sure to have ticked ALL the Packs you want to install on Genos, so that all this Packs have a light-green checkmark. UN-tick the Packs that should NOT be installed.

IMPORTANT: After clicking on "Save as Pack Install File" button, be sure the filetype "CPI" is selected. If the filetype "CQI" (QUICK Pack Install file) should be selected, click on that row and change it to "CPI". Then save the Pack Installation file to the USB stick, connect the stick to the Genos and finally start Pack Installation, as described before. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:40:07 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 11:03:41 PM »
Hi Chris:   I am unable to import the pack.   When I select "import" and go to the folder with the cpi file ,the screen comes up blank and for whatever reason does not recognize the location even though the file is there.  Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 11:27:47 PM »
Hi Chris:   I am unable to import the pack.   When I select "import" and go to the folder with the cpi file ,the screen comes up blank and for whatever reason does not recognize the location even though the file is there.  Bob

Hi Bob,

I assume that you are talking about the Superior Pack.

The downloaded file ist zipped ("GenosV2.0_SuperiorPack.zip"). Did you unzip this file correctly before, so that you have the .CPF file "GenosV2.0 SuperiorPack.cpf" on your computer? (Note: The .CPI file that is also in the zip file is NOT needed in your case.)

You have to click on the UPPER "+" sign (next to "My Packs"), select "Import Pack" and navigate to the desired .CPF file (using the LEFT column of the window "Import Pack").

If you are using Windows 10: The "Import Pack" window will open either in "My PC > Downloads" or in the directory from which you last imported a pack.

If you should be in a "wrong" directory, click on the UP arrow on the left of the address bar in this window, and go back to "This PC". Then navigate to the directory in which the .CPF file of the pack to be imported is located.

P.S.
I recommend also checking the YEM version: Click on the "Info" sign (in the top right corner of the YEM main window). V2.6.0 must appear here.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:58:11 PM by overover »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 02:50:27 AM »
  Chris:   I have version 2.6.0 of YEM.    Earlier when I unzipped the Superior Pack file the 3 files were  cpi.cpf and a text file.   I since have  unzipped a file that I believed was the same and I
end up with a cpi,cqi and a text file.   When I previously tried to import the .cpf it would not import or appear  on the screen when clicking on  import.  I appreciate your help but I am not a YEM fan.    I have tried the process  tonight from the beginning several  times  but cannot get it right. Thanks again.  Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 03:37:35 AM »
Hi Bob,

obviously, you have a problem to FIND the Superior Pack CPF file in the "Import Pack" window (which is in fact a normal Windows Explorer window).

You can try the following steps (see also the attached pic):

- Open YEM and click on "My Packs" button.

- Open Windows Explorer and find the unzipped Superior Pack CPF file. If the Explorer window is "full screen", make the window smaller (click on the middle button at the top right corner, and resize the window by dragging the vertical or horizontal borders if needed).

- If needed, move the Explorer window, so that you can see the upper half of the YEM window behind the Explorer window.

- Now simply use DRAG & DROP to import the new Pack: Left-click on the CPF file, hold down the left mouse button and drag the file into the YEM window (slightly below "My Packs" in the right area). When you see a "+" sign beside the mouse cursor, release the mouse button, and the Import process will start automatically. :)

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 04:03:08 AM by overover »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 03:37:01 PM »
 I found the .cpf file  in explorer and when I tried to import it I received a message saying that the pack was aleady installed.   It does not show up along with my 2 installed packs.  So
somewhere along the way  I have  the pack there  but it is not visible.  Bob

Offline Stijn

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 06:11:26 PM »
Bob,

Check your mailbox on this forum, I sent you a PM.

Regards,
Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Bob88

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 06:23:47 PM »
Hi Chris:  Yes I received your message.  I have not had a chance to look at it closely
 but will shortly.  Thank you.  Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2020, 06:43:32 PM »
I found the .cpf file  in explorer and when I tried to import it I received a message saying that the pack was aleady installed.   It does not show up along with my 2 installed packs.  So
somewhere along the way  I have  the pack there  but it is not visible.  Bob

Hi Bob,

if you haven't already done so, maximize the YEM Window and / or drag the bottom horizontal dividing line of the "My Packs" area further down so that you can see more than one row of Packs.

You can also click on the upper ">" sign (next to "My Packs") and select "Change Bank Select LSB": Are all THREE Packs listed here? If so, close that window and click on "Genos" button (below "Install Target"). Are HERE all THREE Packs shown?

If so, be sure to have all Packs selected (light-green checkmark) and go to the step "Save as Pack Install File".

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:49:37 PM by overover »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2020, 06:49:01 PM »
 Chris:  I dragged the .cpf file  to the location you the mentioned in YEM.  There is no "+" sign beside the cursor , so, when  releasing the mouse button  nothing has been imported. Sorry.  Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 06:58:22 PM »
Chris:   Clicked on "Change Bank Select LSB ".  Just my 2 previous packs listed.  Nothing else.   Bob

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2020, 07:03:01 PM »
Chris:  I dragged the .cpf file  to the location you the mentioned in YEM.  There is no "+" sign beside the cursor , so, when  releasing the mouse button  nothing has been imported. Sorry.  Bob

Hi Bob,

please make sure to have clicked on "My Packs" button before. Then, to the right of this button you must can read "My Packs" (as shown in my picture).

Now drag the CPF file from Windows Explorer to the UPPER RIGHT area of the YEM window (above the horizontal line) . This MUST work.

But IF the Superior Pack is already in your YEM, you will get the same error message as when importing using the Menu.

Offline overover

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 07:05:36 PM »
Chris:   Clicked on "Change Bank Select LSB ".  Just my 2 previous packs listed.  Nothing else.   Bob

Please exit the YEM Program. Restart the PC, and then try again.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2020, 09:29:52 AM »
Sometimes YEM's Context Menu does not appear. This means you have to restart YEM.

Also, I have a situation here in Romania, with a friend which called me to see what's happening in his installation, because he cannot import a CPF pack, and also it tells him that the pack already exists, even YEM does not display that CPF pack. So I've entered his PC with AnyDesk software and I've looked in his installation. Some strange information in YEM's index files, as it has not finished installation, and some garbage information has not been deleted. I had to remove manually the garbage folders from installation and to correct index files.

But, Bob, you can use Multi YEM Manager, and try to create an empty instance of YEM and start from scratch with your all packs. If something is wrong, it will be easily correct by selecting needed installation!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Bob88

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2020, 03:00:25 PM »
  Interesting comments Vali  that someone else has encountered the same problem.
Thank you.   Regards, Bob