Author Topic: Ciao from Roma, Italy  (Read 159 times)

Offline MadrasGiaguari

Ciao from Roma, Italy
« on: October 07, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »
Dear new friends,

I'm a 69 "boy" playing keyboards since I was 15 (Farfisa organs, Hammond&Leslie, Roland D50, Jx8P, Korg M1, ElkaRapsody (strings), and various arrangers, as Roland E20, Technics KN800, 1000, 2000, 3000, Korg i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x).
In the last 20 years I had Korg arrangers only, and still own a monster like Korg Pa3x, set on my grand piano, amplified trough a Mac mixer and 6 Fostex speakers.
Lately, a month ago I purchased a second hand beautiful Clavinova CVP 309 polished ebony that was like new (still plastic on pedals!), from an aircraft pilot who bought it but never learned to play it!
The main reason I purchased this Clavinova is because I'm going to move in a smaller home that could'nt host my grand piano. So I thought a Clavinova would have been a good compromise.
But just a few weeks after I started to play the CVP I was totally astonished by the wonderful wood keys, the piano sounds, the beauty of the many voices, the quality of the accompaniments (styles), the quality of the buit-in amplifier and speakers, and also by the beauty of the polished ebony furniture and the perfection of the mechanism to close the keyboard cover.

Because of my consolidated habit to play arrangers, I soon started to explore the CVP capacity to let me customize the keyboards (new entries in Music Finder; Registration Memories; modify preset styles and save in the User section; ecc.).

I'm very happy with CVP, but feel a little frustrated since there are many tools to customize the keyboard that I'm not able to understand yet (the user manual is really bad; I haven't t found yet a clear user manual for any of the above mentioned arrangers/synth of any brand). Therefore I started to surf the web to search any useful source to learn the Yamaha arrangers principles, and realized that CVP is quite similar to PSR, as far the operating system is concerned.
And "met" with Jorgen Sorensen web site, very interesting. I mailed him for help, and among other things he suggested PSR Tutorial Forum.

Here I am. I hope to may learn many things from this Forum, as I did for years from the Korg Forum.

Thank you for your kind attention,

Angelo  :D :D :D

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Ciao from Roma, Italy
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »
Hi Angelo,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  You certainly have an interesting background.  I enjoyed reading your short musical biography.  I'm sure you're going to learn a great deal about your new CVP 309 here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter Derkx (XeeniX), which presently contains 41,000+ song titles in 670 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Musicman123

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »
Hi Madras lovely to have you on board , you will find everyone helps out with all sorts of things , they did it for me and still doing it ha ha
so enjoy my friend

Stuart  uk

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:29 AM »
Welcome Madras you will never regret joining these friendly forums.

You will find all the help you need here from the amazing guys and gals.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Tyros 5 - 61
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000 and others.