Author Topic: Upgrading from T3 to Genos  (Read 4736 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Upgrading from T3 to Genos
« on: October 07, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »
Hi,

Finally I WILL take the plunge and upgrade myself to Genos from my lovely T3. 

Just worried how will the hundreds of registrations that I have made over last 9 years move to Genos. And whether all the Indian Drumkits that I have created in T3 could be transported to Genos.

Finally - If anyone in India wants a T3, they can p.m. me

Regards

Anand

Offline Ingar

Re: Upgrading from T3 to Genos
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:10:38 AM »
About registrations, I think that you just put them on a pin, plug it in to Genos, and play. Maybe some tweeking, but that should be a minor problem. They will sound the way you are use to, maybee even better.
Yamaha offers a program that do it for you, if I understand it correct.

Offline metcam

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »

Just worried how will the hundreds of registrations that I have made over last 9 years move to Genos. And whether all the Indian Drumkits that I have created in T3 could be transported to Genos.

Anand

It is NOT problem at all. The set you have on Tyros3 including Indian Drum Kits together with all registrations, pads and styles put in Folder and from there load int Yem.
From YEM transfer to Genos and You will be ready ....

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »
There will be an update of YEM for Genos some time next month I believe.

Marcus

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 01:04:49 PM »
Hi,

Finally I WILL take the plunge and upgrade myself to Genos from my lovely T3. 

Finally - If anyone in India wants a T3, they can p.m. me

Regards

Anand
Hi Anand
If your Indian Drumkits were created from your own wave/aif samples as a Custom Drum Kit and used from your expansion. Make sure you save your UVN or UVD versions of those files to a PEN drive or your computer before departing with your Tyros 3. The Genos YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager) will recognize those files and will load to your new Genos.

There will be a lot of editing features where you can improve or modify those drum kits further to sound even better on the Genos. It is quite an upgrade from a Tyros 3 to a Genos. Congrats.

Marcus

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
@Anand
As marcus wrote

Export your library (Voices in one file, drums in another)  in your sound creator function t3
so you can import in Yem.
And for Safety check your MSB/LSB (Nr. of the voices you already use)
frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
Thank you all so much for putting my fears to rest.  I love this space so much !

Now just waiting for Genos to be announced in India.

Regards

Anand

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »
Hi all,

I have ordered a Genos and so excited about it.  I want to be all prepared when I receive it.

Copying all Registrations will be easy. The difficult part is the 50+ Drumkits that I have created in T3 for Indian sounds. As I understand, it has to be done through YEM. 

Frankly I have no idea what a YEM is and what it can do. Request if somebody can forward me a link or something about YEM which can help me migrate all my DrumKits from T3 to Genos.

Really Excited  :) :)

Regards

Anand

Offline alans

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
Hi Anand

YEM is Yamaha Expansion Manager

It is used for downloading Yamaha Expansion packs bought from Yamaha and is used to transfer them to your keyboard,it also used for many other things.

https://uk.yamahamusicsoft.com/how-to-use-yamaha-expansion-manager?___store=uk_retail_en&

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos