Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

Genos and MFC-10

(1/8) > >>

usaraiya:
Does Genos support MFC-10 Foot Controller which  T5 supported?

The specs avoided this, it should but I'm not sure?

:)

Uday

Marcus:
I couldn't any reason why the Genos would not support the MFC-10. Yamaha appeared to put a lot of thought into the Genos and was very careful not to remove any important functions and features from previous arranger models.

You are correct that Yamaha left out the mention of the MFC-10 in the published Vital Specs list, but this list doesn't appear to be as comprehensive as the typical Specs list from the owners manual. The MFC-10 is a nice pedal unit. I cannot see why Yamaha would withdraw its support or fail to keep it in the Genos Function MIDI menu. Just have to wait for the more detailed Genos manuals and specs to make sure.

Marcus

Spirit of the old South:

--- Quote from: Marcus on October 03, 2017, 03:37:21 AM ---I couldn't any reason why the Genos would not support the MFC-10. Yamaha appeared to put a lot of thought into the Genos and was very careful not to remove any important functions and features from previous arranger models.

You are correct that Yamaha left out the mention of the MFC-10 in the published Vital Specs list, but this list doesn't appear to be as comprehensive as the typical Specs list from the owners manual. The MFC-10 is a nice pedal unit. I cannot see why Yamaha would withdraw its support or fail to keep it in the Genos Function MIDI menu. Just have to wait for the more detailed Genos manuals and specs to make sure.

Marcus

--- End quote ---

even if it doesn't have the menu inside the Genos.
You can always make it work programming the MFC10 with midi calls.

voodoo:

--- Quote from: Spirit of the old South on October 03, 2017, 05:52:17 AM ---even if it doesn't have the menu inside the Genos.
You can always make it work programming the MFC10 with midi calls.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but by programming the midi cc not all functions are accessible that are in the t5 mfc10 menu. I tried the mfc10 with the s970 and sent it back because it was not helpful.

I hope that the Genos supports the pedal (by translating midi notes to internal functions not accessible by midi directly).

frankmusik:
Hi Uday,
I made a small video with the midi pics ..
https://youtu.be/d3dqr9rhVW4
frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version