Author Topic: Distorted sound of the voices on PSR S950  (Read 699 times)

Offline notebleue

Distorted sound of the voices on PSR S950
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
The sound of my PSR S950 is becoming increasingly erratic. I wrote previously that sometimes it sounds dull or with exaggerated lower frequencies. Recently, I noticed that high frequencies are also affected. It's especially noticeable on some guitars, strings, trumpets or even electric pianos. My guess is that all these instruments have high frequency overtones and those are distorted. Sometimes they sound normal, sometimes it takes a while for them to get distorted. Sometimes the keyboard's sound isn't right even after turning it on.

Did anybody have similar experiences or is it just me? My keyboard is only 2 years old.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Distorted sound of the voices on PSR S950
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »
Perform a full system restoration and see if the problem clears up. Be sure to save any data that you have stored in the keyboard memory and move it to your USB drive first.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: notebleue

Offline notebleue

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:04:52 PM »
Thank you, Gary. I appreciate your help.

Offline moshe israeli

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »
if you will put a microphone into the keyboard will the sound will be too distorted???????

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »
moshe, this has never been my experience - and I have been using a mic through the keyboard for many, many years, performing to large audiences.

If the mic is distorted, then you either have a poor microphone, or the settings are wrong. There have been many, many posts on this subject and how to correct this particular problem.

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline moshe israeli

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 01:13:20 AM »
I ment that if the amplifire of the keyboard is no good so all the sounds will be distorted
I am technision in electronics.
wish you all sucsees.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 01:24:40 AM »
Hello Notebleue! I would also check the power adapter. Obviously it is working, but may be a little faulty. That may effect sound. You must get this right, so that we can hear your wonderful music again without distortion :) :)
Toril S

The following users thanked this post: notebleue

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »
Moshe, I have recorded hundreds of songs using the onboard sound system and onboard recorder of my S-950 - absolutely crystal clear, no distortion at all. The vocal processors on arranger keyboards are excellent, and well designed. Please listen to some of my recordings and the recordings of others on the forum, most of which were made using the onboard electronics and a high quality micropone - they are not distorted at all.

All the best,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline notebleue

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »
Hello Notebleue! I would also check the power adapter. Obviously it is working, but may be a little faulty. That may effect sound. You must get this right, so that we can hear your wonderful music again without distortion :) :)

Thank you for the kind words, Toril. I don't really know how to check the adapter.  :(

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »
In order to check the adapter, you will need a digital volt meter, which sells for about $10 at Harbor Freight.

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...