Author Topic: Unexpected Error(main)  (Read 157 times)

Offline FFR 3099

Unexpected Error(main)
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
I've had my PSR 910 for 7 years and use it at home. Recently I got this message and it said to turn off the power. It will then restart and last a few minutes, then the message again. Is there a really common problem that causes this?  I'm out of warranty and can't find any really helpful answers, except to take it in for repair. I have changed the key contact strips before(easy) and would order a new part if I knew what to order.

Offline rgw

Re: Unexpected Error(main)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:57 AM »
Hi FFR3099,

Have you tried a Factory Reset?

Richard.

Offline FFR 3099

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
Richard- No, I haven't tried a reset but I did search on the site and called Yamaha. Yamaha just suggested I take it in to a local repair shop for diagnosis. All references I could find said that a reset didn't help. I did back up my personal settings. My guess is a cracked board as I can turn it on and it will work for a while then fail. The longer I let it cool before restarting, the longer it will stay on. I'll try the rest anyway, can't hurt.

Offline FFR 3099

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:09:44 AM »
F.Y.I.- I tried the reset, didn't make any difference. I decided to drop off my S-910 at the the recommended repair center. They seemed to think it was a board but will check it out and call me with an estimate. I will post the results for someone else who might have the same problem. Estimate 2-4 weeks.