Author Topic: CVP features in the new Yamahas CSP:s  (Read 338 times)

CVP features in the new Yamahas CSP:s
« on: August 02, 2017, 01:43:15 AM »
Seems like the features of the CVP line is showing up in the new Clavinova CSP 150 and CSP 170.

You need an iPad to navigate the pianos. Any thoughts?

Offline Bachus

Re: CVP features in the new Yamahas CSP:s
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 02:15:50 AM »
Seems like the features of the CVP line is showing up in the new Clavinova CSP 150 and CSP 170.

You need an iPad to navigate the pianos. Any thoughts?

Actually i could immagine a fullfledged editor / song player / score reader / arranger / music teacher app working with all Yamaha digital instruments..

Because honestly, this would also work well with Moxf/Mx Montage and all digital and stage piano's..

If thye could only expand the arranger part, i think many people would settle with just a CLP instead of a CVP..

Both Roland and Yamaha have these kinds of apps... the technollogy is there.. give them away with the instruments and start making money by selling content...  the only requirement for such an app should be owning a Yamaha instrument...

If the instrument supports audio over USB it will be even better...

I see a huge future for integrating hardware with software, ....  espescially now touch screens are getting bigger and bigger....  if they would make a windows verion, the miscrosoft surface pro would be a perfect platform to..  you could even make an app there that works like a VST host and VST plugin by preference...
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:27:23 AM »
I totally agree with Bachus.

The Smart Pianist app and its integration shows where Yamaha is going with all of its research on music analysis. Yamaha have filed quite a few patents in this area. They see a way to enhance the ecosystem for their products through these kinds of apps and features.

We should expect more of this with GENOS (or whatever it will be called).

All the best -- pj

P.S. Two other fun Yamaha apps are Kittar and Chord Tracker. Smart Pianist takes Chord Tracker to a much higher level.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:01:43 AM »
Yes, an app that would work with all Yamaha DPs & KBs that would be great!

Bu what about the future for CVPs then?

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 07:14:34 AM »
Hi --

Thanks very much for posting about the CSP series!

I'm going to send links, etc. to our music director. (I play keys with the music ministry.) We've been looking for something like the CSP series (excellent piano with additional voices) without the high expense of the CVP line. We don't need "arranger features" for what we do.

Future of CVP? Wow. The top of the line CVP usually incorporates Tyros technology and with GENOS (or whatever it will be called) on the way, the CVP line will remain interesting, to say the least.  :)

Yamaha are masters at product feature grading for specific price points. I haven't had a chance to dig through the CSP documentation (yet).

Oh, well, off to the gym -- pj

Offline Bachus

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 03:26:57 AM »
I totally agree with Bachus.

The Smart Pianist app and its integration shows where Yamaha is going with all of its research on music analysis. Yamaha have filed quite a few patents in this area. They see a way to enhance the ecosystem for their products through these kinds of apps and features.

We should expect more of this with GENOS (or whatever it will be called).

All the best -- pj

P.S. Two other fun Yamaha apps are Kittar and Chord Tracker. Smart Pianist takes Chord Tracker to a much higher level.

Imagine what they could do for edditing, if they somehow integrated this with Cubasis 2 on the ipad. Just select the style part record and edit it trough the pianoroll.. 

With an ipad app for all functionallity , and an ipad 12,9" pro you would be well on your way with a yamaha montage as the controller.

And just imagine how yamaha could sell soundexpansions trough the ipad app and have them available for all their instruments.. doing not just all the editing but also doing the file management...  on top of that you could take the ipad anywhere and work on those projects far away from the keyboard on a bench in a sunny park while eating lunch..  the power of the ipad is allready huge, compared to the power of todays hardware keyboards..

And now its the ipad, it will only get better if they ever decide on a version for windows surface pro..
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline Keyboardplayer

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:28:57 AM »
At first I was not really interested when I saw the introduction video's of the CSP-series popping up in my subscription area on YouTube, but after a quick glance I became interested.

The interface on the iPad is similar to the high-end CVP-series and I saw many sounds and styles (so full arranger capabilities), in the few seconds that showed the interface, that usually just belong to the two most expensive Clavinova's. So if I'm right it looks like a high-end Clavinova without the actual screen and buttons (which you have to provide by connecting an iPad) or fancy cabinet.

I can see them doing something similar on future arrangers as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOb_L7iog8k

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 06:54:52 AM »
Hi --

Looks like we have two threads running...

I installed the Smart Pianist app and posted some comments in the Tyros 5 area:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,39129.0.html

All the best -- pj