Author Topic: Delete and replace styles?  (Read 303 times)

Offline Toril S

Delete and replace styles?
« on: July 15, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »
Hello!
There is a lot of preset styles on my PSR 2100 that I never use, and I found some new ones here that I like much better. Is it possible to delete those preset styles and place new ones in the same category places, and not only in the user section? I know that I can make folders in the user section, but for me it would be more convenient to place the rock/pop styles in this section, for instance. Then I would be able to navigate by the designated knobs, not having to rely so much on the screen.
Toril S

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Delete and replace styles?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:30:35 PM »
I think the short answer is "No." Presumably the built-in styles, voices, etc., are stored in ROM, so the only way to change them would be to remove the existing ROM chips and replace them with different ROM chips-- which might in turn require some sort of update to the firmware.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »
There is no way to delete, or add to, preset styles.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:25:39 AM »
Thanks! That was as I expected, but it never hurts to ask. I quess this is the case with newer models also. But they have better screens than the PSR 2100, and more memory. So, I will purchase a new board soon. The PSR 2100 is a strong workhorse, that have never failed me, so I will keep it also.
Toril S
Toril S