Author Topic: The latest Firmware Updater V1.03 ( Yamaha PSR A3000 ) has disappeared !  (Read 9564 times)

FantomX

The latest Firmware Updater V1.03 for the Yamaha PSR A3000 (including older Firmware Updater) has disappeared from the official Yamaha site! Does anyone know the reason? thank you

SeaGtGruff

Are you sure it's 1.03? I checked several of their sites, but the only firmware updater that I see is version 1.02:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-a3000.html

For some reason it didn't show up on the web site for Africa and the Middle East. It appears that Yamaha has been updating their web sites to a new format over the last year or so. There was a lot of information that temporarily disappeared from the USA site when they first switched to the new format, but I think most or all of it is back again, although it seems like you sometimes need to click on the magnifying glass icon and search for it.

topick

I can confirm that it is v1.03. I have a PSR-A3000 and upgraded it to v1.03 sometimes last year.

Do not quote me but I think reason it is being removed from Yamaha's web site because of possible flaw. A-3000 would load all styles lock or unlock.

I tried it. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. On the other hand, one of my friends loaded my purchased locked styles onto his A3000 flawlessly.

This might be the reason it was removed from the site. There should be a new firmware v1.04 out soon but make sure that keep a copy of v1.03 handy around (just in case).

FantomX

Are you sure it's 1.03? I checked several of their sites, but the only firmware updater that I see is version 1.02:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-a3000.html

For some reason it didn't show up on the web site for Africa and the Middle East. It appears that Yamaha has been updating their web sites to a new format over the last year or so. There was a lot of information that temporarily disappeared from the USA site when they first switched to the new format, but I think most or all of it is back again, although it seems like you sometimes need to click on the magnifying glass icon and search for it.
    This version (1.02) can not be downloaded ... just what's in the photo :

[attachment deleted by admin]

SeaGtGruff

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Yamaha's new web site design, because you can't just go to the "Downloads" and find everything there like you used to be able to do. :( It used to be so easy before, and now it isn't.

What you need to do is use the "Search" at the top of the page to search for the model you're interested in (see below).

If you're lucky, the item or information you're looking for might be listed among the search results (see below).

In this case, it turns out that this is the only place where the item shows up, because if you go to the product page and click the "Downloads" tab, the firmware updater is not shown! :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

FantomX

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Yamaha's new web site design, because you can't just go to the "Downloads" and find everything there like you used to be able to do. :( It used to be so easy before, and now it isn't.

What you need to do is use the "Search" at the top of the page to search for the model you're interested in (see below).

If you're lucky, the item or information you're looking for might be listed among the search results (see below).

In this case, it turns out that this is the only place where the item shows up, because if you go to the product page and click the "Downloads" tab, the firmware updater is not shown! :(   
    Have you tried to download this version? try
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:13:59 PM by FantomX »

SeaGtGruff

I see what you mean! I thought the problem was that you couldn't find it listed anywhere (no) thanks to the new web site design. But even if you do find a link to it, you just get "file not found" when you try to download it. I've tried on several different Yamaha web sites and get the same result, "file not found." :(

FantomX

Yes ... that's what I meant ... update for Yamaha PSR A3000 "evaporated."

Offline voodoo

It's the same with the S770. The firmware 1.06 for S770 disappeared, showing only the v1.05.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

Re: The latest Firmware Updater V1.03 ( Yamaha PSR A3000 ) has disappeared !
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 03:44:59 PM »
Revived... :)  (v1.03 and v1.02)

http://valytyros2.weebly.com/resurse.html

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos