Author Topic: PSR 770 Seperate Touch Response for Style and R1/R2  (Read 403 times)

Offline Maz

PSR 770 Seperate Touch Response for Style and R1/R2
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:06:39 AM »
This is a new post from Maz.  I wish to separate the touch response effect for LEFT/Style (when using single finger chords) from the touch response effect in R1/R2.  This will enable me to gently increase volume of style while playing a soft melody with RIGHT.  I wish to be able to gradually increase or decrease the volume of LEFT/style without affecting the volume of R1/R2 or vice versa.  With thanks Maz

Offline EileenL

Re: PSR 770 Seperate Touch Response for Style and R1/R2
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:47:40 AM »
Go to Function and select Style turn touch on or off here.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:03 AM »
Hi Maz,

The 'Touch' setting for voice parts (R1, R2 & L) is set on the Controller > Keyboard/Panel page, and this setting is common to all voice parts.  Voices will play according to the setting on this page whenever the 'Touch' button in the 'Voice Effect' section of the panel is on.

To set this on the S770 Press FUNCTION > Tab to MENU 1 > CONTROLLER (D button) >Tab to  KEYBOARD/PANEL > select Option 1: Touch Response.

As Eileen has already said, the touch setting for the Style part is set on the Style Setting display, however Yamaha refer to it as 'Dynamics Control' rather than 'Touch', and I think that you will find that it behaves differently to the voice 'touch' function.

To set this on the S770 press FUNCTION > Tab to MENU 1 >  STYLE SETTING (G button).   Adjust the 'Dynamics Control' using the #1 or 2 button pairs.

If this does not give you the level of control that you want for the Style and Left voice volume, as an alternative you could use a foot volume controller such as the Yamaha FC7 in one of the pedal sockets to control the volumes of these parts.  When the option 'Volume' is selected from the  FUNCTION > MENU 1 > CONTROLLER > Tab to FOOT PEDAL display,  each keyboard part can be set to On or Off individually for control by the pedal.  So by setting just the Style and Left voice to be controlled, you should be able to bring up the volume of these parts in a more controlled manner.

Regards

Ian

Offline Maz

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 04:24:47 AM »
TYROSAURUS
Thanks very much Ian for your detailed and clear response.  I am much better informed about Dynamic Control and more.  However, as I wish to raise or lower the volume of STYLE at various times during a performance, I think my best bet is, (as you suggest), to use a second foot pedal. I have experimented with WIDE, NARROW, MEDIUM etc and this does not separate the volume for STYLE from R1/2.  Thanks for taking the time and improving my knowledge.  Maz

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:56:17 AM »
Make sure when you set up your volume pedal up you only have a tick in the Style section. And then save it to a registration.

Offline Maz

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
EileenL.  Many thanks Eileen for your help. Marian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 05:28:38 AM »
You are very welcome.