Author Topic: Saving Changed tempos  (Read 720 times)

Offline eclark

Saving Changed tempos
« on: June 10, 2017, 09:32:46 PM »
I'm new with the A2000 and really like it but when it comes to saving the tempos I can't seem to get them to save to the new tempo when I manually change it.  If you switch from one sound to another and come back it resets to the default.  Can you help me with what I may be missing?  I have tried the other tap tempo but it still does not overwrite what I want the tempo to be.
I also tried the hold, lock button but that changes ALL the tempos to the same.

Thanks,

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Saving Changed tempos
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 09:55:07 AM »
Which tempo do you want to change - is it for a style or a MIDI song?

To save a tempo, after you have changed it, you need to save the file from 'Style Creator' for a style, or 'Song Creator' for a MIDI.

For a style open Style Creator at the 'BASIC' page and press the EXIT panel button to close the 'RECORD CHANNEL' display (this reveals the SAVE button!).

Select option 2: Tempo, and change accordingly.  Now save the modified style by pressing the 'SAVE' button.  The save display will open at the 'USER' drive tab, but you can move to USB and select a folder of your choice if you want to.  Note that if you have modified a preset style, then you won't be allowed to save back to the 'PRESET' drive - files on this cannot be overwritten.

For a MIDI, open Song Creator, and tab to the 'CHANNEL' page.

Press the 'STOP' button in the 'Song Player' panel buttons (this makes sure that the song is at the beginning).

Change the Tempo using the panel buttons.

Select option 5: SETUP.  A list will appear at the bottom of the display headed SELECT.   

The items in the upper part of this list (next to SONG----) will normally all be selected (checked), but make sure that at least TEMPO is checked.

Press 'EXECUTE' to modify the song with the new tempo, and finally press 'SAVE' to save the song.

As an alternative to the above you can set your preferred tempo for a style and/or a MIDI in a registration without creating a new copy of the original files.

You can also add a style to the Music Finder (using the 'ADD TO MF' button in the selection screen) and edit it's record to use the tempo that you want, again without creating a modified copy of the style.  However, although MIDI songs can be added to the MF, unfortunately you can't change the tempo in the resulting MF record.

Regards

Ian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:18:01 AM »
To Alter Tempo on midi file got to song creator and Tab to Sysex. Change tempo there and then resave the song. Easy Peasy.

Offline Afton72

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 05:48:12 AM »
Eileen,  On the S900, I get to the SYS EX, & there is TEMPO showing 144, but I can't find what changes the numbers, SAVE is showing on the right, waiting.
        Cheers,     Alan

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 06:01:29 AM »
Hi Alan,
  Tab across to tempo so that it is highlighted and then use the buttons underneath the screen to change it to what you want. Then re-save your song.