Author Topic: Windows 10 Desktop as Windows 7  (Read 623 times)

Offline Graham UK

Windows 10 Desktop as Windows 7
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:38:41 AM »
About to buy a new laptop which comes now with Win10 OS. Still use and prefer Windows 7 on my main PC.

QUESTION. Anyone using Program Classic Shell stated to show Desktop as per Windows ?.

Any feedback appreciated.

graham uk
T2 + NP30

Offline Bertie59

Re: Windows 10 Desktop as Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:09:23 AM »
Hi Graham
Interesting question- I've not heard of the programme you mention but am very interested to see what responses you get about it.
I've been using pc's since before Windows was available  (I know I'm knocking on a bit now !)- when the os was MS Dos.
I've updated through the years , Windows 95, , 98 etc right up to Windows 10. I have had Windows 10 now for some time on my 2 laptops and I still don't like it - I got used to all the other upgrades without a problem but not this one.
Windows 7 was definitely my favourite but in order to run many programmes these days sadly Windows 10 is required.

Regards
Sue  :)

Offline fikke

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:26:02 AM »
I use it and i am very happy with it. My pc works as a windows 10 but it looks like a windows 7. Now i have both. The latest technology but the simplicity and the looks of the good old 7. I would say try it. You can't do anything wrong.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:40 AM »
fikke. appreciated.
T2 + NP30

Offline Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:56 AM »
You can read more and download it from this site   http://www.classicshell.net/

Matrix

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:45:43 AM »
Matrix. Thank you...Yes, already downloaded for when HP Laptop arrives next week.
I have installed Win 10 on my Main PC but can't get on with the 10 interface, it's just a matter of what one is daily used to.
T2 + NP30

Offline Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 04:50:24 AM »
install the classic shell on your main PC and you will find it much better and look like windows 7
I have been using classic shell for ages and not had a problem at all with it.
Its like using a Windows 7 PC with the speed of Windows 10 if that makes sense  :)

Regards
Matrix
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:58:36 AM by Matrix »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 05:58:43 AM »
Hi.
Why not try to start with the Win 10 as it is first, and personalise it with the tools and settings within the OS?
There is a lot of settings to make the desktop appear pretty close to "yesterday" without use of any extra software. That way you also learn to know the OS better.
A Google search for "How to Personalise Windows 10" will show that there is many helpful articles about the topic.

When buy a new arrangerkeyboard, we would not ask for a older screen and desktop layout for past models, or?
Try to learn the new stuff to help mastering the new toys as best as we can is half of the fun even if we may be a bit frustrated at first...... ;)

Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline Craig Schiller

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 07:12:18 AM »

Windows 7 was definitely my favourite but in order to run many programmes these days sadly Windows 10 is required.

Regards
Sue  :)

Can't imagine what you mean. I run Windows 7 and haven't run into a single instance of a program that can't be used with it.

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector

Offline jes826

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »
Graham,
As I recall there is a 30 day period that Windows 10 will let you revert back to your previous Windows.  After the 30 days you cannot revert.  I wish I had made the decision to revert.  But, I went past the 30 day period and now I am stuck with it.  So, I have installed and started using Firefox 53.0 as my browser and it makes it much easier for me.  You can check it out at http://mozilla_firefox.en.downloadastro.com/      It's Free!

If you don't like Firefox you can uninstall and continue with W10 or install another browser.  I'm sanctified with Firefox.  It works for me.

John
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:28:53 AM by jes826 »