Author Topic: BASIC PLAYING PROCEDURES  (Read 619 times)

Offline ekurburski

BASIC PLAYING PROCEDURES
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:04:54 PM »
ok, I'M DUMB, slow on the uptake.  On my 740 i would call up a style and a right hand voice & with scink set i would start playing with left hand and background played and I played right hand melody with my right hand in real time. 

1.  What is simple way to simply play the keyboard in real time? No songs, no lyrics at this point.  Just me playing in real time?

BTW, I told you it would be a slew of dumb questions!

Earl

\
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2017 an a 4' stack of computer Misic mags

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: BASIC PLAYING PROCEDURES
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »
Hi Earl,

If by 'no songs', you actually mean no Style accompaniment, then all you need to do is to stop the style if one is already playing, then turn off the ACMP button.

Once you have done this, the Right voice parts that are currently turned on will play across the whole keyboard if the Left voice part is switched off.

If the Left voice part is switched on, then the Right voices will play from the note above the Split Point (L) up to the top of the keyboard, and the Left voice will play from the Split Point (L) down to the bottom of the keyboard.

I don't know about your 3000, but when switched on, my Tyros4 actually starts up in this configuration, with just a Piano voice in R1 which then plays across the whole keyboard.

Regards

Ian

Offline ekurburski

Re: BASIC PLAYING PROCEDURES
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »
OK, OK I get it!   I need to set down & pushsome buttons.  I played with it some more & I'm getting there! It's coming slowly but surely.

Earl
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2017 an a 4' stack of computer Misic mags