Author Topic: Is there an error in my "POSTS" count?  (Read 540 times)

Offline Enildo

Is there an error in my "POSTS" count?
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »
I do not know if it's right, but I already have more than 130 posts (Profile / Show posts) but in the summary it only appears 109 (at this moment).
Is it correct or is there an error?

I thank the moderators or anyone who can answer me.

Thank you,
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Is there an error in my "POSTS" count?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 10:42:02 AM »
Hi Enildo,

If you're referring to your posts in the Music Performances/Songs played by forum members board, those posts are not counted and added to your total Post Count.

If any of your topics or posts have been deleted, your total Post Count would be reduced by the number of comments you made relative to the subject matter.

This is effective for all members.  I hope this answers your question.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Enildo

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
Hi, Roger.
I understood perfectly, my friend.
Thanks again for your help.

Hug,
Enildo

Offline Joe W

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 02:16:39 PM »
Let me add a few words on this subject.  The Post count is used as a means of measuring a members status from Novice all the way to Senior Member.  As your post count increases, so does your experience level and status.  Senior Members have as much access as any "Supporting Member".  Someone with a high post count has contributed to the success of the forum by providing answers to many other members.  However, posting "Thank You" to every other post, while it increased the post count, was not necessarily the best indication of adding substance to the forum.  But, it is also useful and polite to thank others for their contributions.  So, over time, we have added additional features like the LIKE button and the "Say Thanks" button at the top of a post.  If you are not playing close attention, you may not even notice these features. 

If some is posting a comment that you agree with or approve of, you can certainly use that LIKE button.  If someone provides a style or sheet music or a link to some resource you find useful, you can certainly use that "Say Thanks" button.  It is quick and useful and does not clutter up the post listings.  But, you do not have to use it.  Anyone can still post a message thanking someone however they see fit, particularly if they have additional things they would like to say in addition to simply "Thanks".
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 03:19:40 PM »
I'd like to add another comment also.  In my initial reply to you, Enildo, I indicated that if you were posting in the Music Performances/Songs played by forum members board, those posts were not counted and added to your total Post Count.  This has since been amended and all posts made in that board are now reflected in your total Post Count.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Enildo

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:14:50 AM »
OK! Thank you Joe W and Roger!
This topic is important for members who are starting out and have this same question. It is very important to know how the Forum works.

Greetings,
Enildo